Surrender

Alec enjoyed every moment of the weekend but his favourite part was the lack of humiliation. That guy, alright, that totally hot guy, had been so determined to flirt with him! It was unnerving and embarrassing and, even worse, his sister and Jace had done nothing but encourage the idiot!

Alec tried to think of anything besides the abs of Mr. Flirts-a-lot. Alec had never before met someone who was willing to be on display like that. He was dreading going into work on Monday since he figured the crazy tourist would be back again. And sure enough, when Alec walked in he was there. Alec groaned, wondering if he could just leave and ask Jace to cover his shift -- the guy did owe him after all -- when Alec noticed the guy was standing behind the counter. Oh great! Now he was trying to get on Alec's nerves in whole new ways. Standing around half naked wasn't enough; not for this guy, no he wanted to pretend he worked here.

"Alec!" the guy called, grinning. He was dressed in simple clothes today but Alec was just grateful he was dressed at all.

"You again!" Alec groaned. "Get out from behind the counter!"

"No can do," the guy said. "I work here now."

"You what!"

"Your mother is a charming lady," the guy continued. Alec wished he hadn't gotten out of bed that morning.

"Oh god!" Alec groaned. "My mother hired you."

"Yep," the man was grinning ear to ear as if today was the best day of his life. Alec had no idea what to make of it.

"We weren't even hiring!" Alec whined. "Jace, Izzy and I have it in hand."

"Ah but I can sell anything to anyone," the guy replied. "Promise."

"Don't you mean sell yourself," Alec muttered under his breath but he was glad no one heard him. It was a rude thing to say but this guy was just so over the top!

"He can!" Izzy said, appearing from the back room suddenly. "Come on, give him a chance. We've had a wonderful morning together. He's fabulous."

"And your sister is just a darling!" he exclaimed, blowing her a kiss.

"Mom says you have to train him," Izzy said as she moved past him toward the door. "Have fun." She winked at them and Alec groaned.

"Oh we shall," the man purred. Alec had no clue how he did that and he wished it didn't sound so hot. In fact Alec wished he was somewhere else right now. There couldn't possibly be anything genuine about this guy so how the hell had he convinced everyone he was for real?

"I'll show you how the cash register works, but only if you promise to keep your clothes on," Alec said pointedly.

"Were you that opposed to seeing my skin?" he asked silkily. Alec's felt a shiver run up his spine. Why was Alec always attracted to the wrong guys?

"Yes," Alec said stubbornly.

"Very well," the guy sighed. "If it bothers you so much I'll stop."

Alec looked up slightly surprised. "What? Really?"

"You are just so fun to tease," the guy said. "I couldn't resist but I shall do better if it really makes you so uncomfortable."

"Thanks," Alec said.

"I'm Magnus by the way," Magnus said. "And you were holding out on me."

"Huh?"

"Alec's short for Alexander," Magnus spoke his full name in such a way as to make Alec's heart skip a beat. He usually hated his full name but hearing this man say his name was definitely something else.