Confessions

Magnus had enjoyed watching Alexander cook almost as much as he enjoyed Alec's cooking.

"That was delicious," Magnus enthused.

"It was just lunch," Alec shrugged, but Magnus shook his head in disagreement and continued to compliment Alec's cooking.

"Mom taught me," Alec replied when Magnus asked if Alec had taken lessons.

"Ah yes the excellent sandwich maker," Magnus laughed. "I should have known."

"So," Magnus added after Alec had finished putting all the dishes in the sink. "Where are all these holey sweaters your sister promised me?"

"Izzy exaggerates," Alec sighed.

"Do your clothes not have holes then?" Magnus teased.

"No," Alec said firmly but he quickly deflated and added. "Okay maybe one or two old sweaters but they aren't big holes."

"Can't even lie about the state of your clothes, huh?" Magnus teased, taking a step closer to Alec and kissing him lightly on the lips. "I am sure you're stunning even in a holey sweater," Magnus purred. He reached out and took Alec's hand. Alec allowed himself to be guided to the sofa.

"Do you want to watch tv?" Alec asked when they sat down.

"No," Magnus replied softly as he pulled Alec into his arms. "I just want to hold you." Magnus's arms were around Alec, and he squeezed gently while he spoke to illustrate his point. Alec laid his head contentedly on Magnus's shoulder. Their breathing synced and Magnus could not remember ever being so comfortable. There was something extremely cozy about lying on a couch with Alec, his stomach full of Alec's wonderful cooking. Magnus stroked Alec's soft black hair gently and Alec closed his eyes.

"So," Magnus started once he thought Alexander was completely relaxed. "When do I get to read your poetry?"

"Never," Alec said very quickly, his eyes snapping open. Clearly Alexander had not been relaxed enough.

"Why not?" Magnus pouted but Alec just shook his head.

"It's really bad," Alec replied quickly. "I don't even know why I told you. I haven't even told Jace I write poetry!"

"What about your sister?"

"She knows," Alec said. "Or at least she knows I used to write poetry."

"I would dearly love to read some of it it," Magnus spoke softly. Alec sunk deeped into the couch, or in this case deeper into Magnus's chest, but didn't reply.

"What if I sang you one of my songs?" Magnus tried. "A song for a poem?"

"You have songs?" Alec asked.

"Music is kinda my job," Magnus said smiling.

"But you said you don't write lyrics," Alec inquired.

"Yeah," Magnus sighed. "Someone else wrote the lyrics but I wrote the music."

"Is that your job, then?" Alec asked. "Writing music?"

"Yes, and performing it," Magnus replied.

"I could never perform for people," Alec said with a shiver. "I have never read my poems to anyone."

"Not even to your sister or parents?" Magnus asked. Since Alec was lying with his head resting on Magnus's shoulder, Magnus was denied the pleasure of seeing Alec's face from his angle.

"Izzy has read some of my old poems," Alec said quietly. "But I would never have the guts to read a poem to someone."

"Don't like performing in public, huh?"