Epilogue

Being on tour with Alexander was wonderful, but like all things it did eventually end. Magnus decided that since Alec had spent the last few weeks in his world, it was time for Magnus to be in Alec's world again. They went back to Tofino and Magnus was reintroduced to Alec's family over dinner, this time as the international pop star that he was.

"Nice to meet you, Magnus Bane," Maryse said, emphasizing his last name while shaking his hand.

"Ah yeah sorry," Magnus replied sheepishly.

"I thought it was all rather fun," Robert said as he lead them into the living room. "I mean how often does one turn around to find an international pop star in one's living room."

"Who you recognized and didn't tell anyone!" Izzy's yelled from behind Alec.

"Okay, who told you?" Robert demanded.

"Doesn't matter!" Izzy exclaimed. The topic had come up during their time on tour, but Magnus was pretty sure Alec had been the one to actually tell Izzy. Magnus had no plans to inform Robert of this, however. Robert sighed.

"Oh the teasing shall never end!" Izzy declared. Robert groaned, putting his hands over his face.

"She means it too, dad," Alec chimed in. "She has been teasing me non stop since she arrived in Vancouver. Not to mention watching and rewatching that stupid kiss!"

"It wasn't stupid!" Magnus pouted. Magnus hadn't told Alexander, but sometimes during the tour he had snuck in to watch the 'stupid kiss' with Izzy when Alec wasn't around.

"It's on youtube now!" Izzy squealed. "The craziest moment in my brother's life and I have it on video." Izzy sighed happily.

"It was rather brave, I have to confess," Maryse smiled.

"Not you too!" Alec groaned, turning to hide his face in Magnus's shoulder.

"Alexander," Maryse said. "It was such a romantic gesture and, besides, what did you think would happen with so many cameras around?"

"I wasn't really thinking at the time," Alec mumbled against Magnus's shirt. Robert laughed and everyone joined in, but there was a clear show of affection in the laughter. Magnus wasn't yet used to the warm feelings created when a real family got together. He loved how close Alec's family was and how willing they were to include him. He very much looked forward to being used to the pleasant feeling.

"Dinner shall be served in ten minutes!" Maryse said as she left for the kitchen. "Talk amongst yourselves."

Casual conversation broke out, mostly consisting of Izzy talking non stop about all the amazing things she'd seen on tour, but before long they were all sitting around the table eating Maryse's wonderful cooking. The teasing soon shifted to Izzy and her lack of cooking skills, which Alec seemed to enjoy quite a lot. Then they talked about the surf store and how what they called the 'Magnus hipe' was finally slowing down.

"We did have to hire actual staff when you guys left," Maryse explained. "And they're fitting in great."

"Does this mean I get to have a life now?" Izzy asked jokingly. "No more split shifts?"

"I never assigned you a split shift you didn't ask for," Maryse told her daughter.

"Is it my fault the salon had no other appointments?" Izzy whined. Everyone laughed and soon the conversation moved on. It was another quarter of an hour before Robert spoke up.

"Where is Jace, anyway?" Robert asked. "He usually always appears when there is food."

"Our Jace has somehow found himself in a long distance relationship," Alec explained. "He is skyping with Clary."

"Who is Clary?" Maryse asked.

"My make up artist," Magnus explained. "They met on the tour."

"Oh how nice," Maryse said. "Though, with Jace's track record, I do worry."