Coffee, Vampires and Halloween (Chapter 2)

2. Revelations

Isis sighed heavily when the warm water of the shower hit her, helping ease some of the tension out of her body

Isis sighed heavily when the warm water of the shower hit her, helping ease some of the tension out of her body. She played with the refreshing liquid for bit and then started bathing. The water felt so good sliding down her skin that after washing away all the soap she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, enjoying a small time of relaxation. Her mind wandered aimlessly, making her remember the voice of the blue eyed stranger and a feeling of deja vu came to her. She had heard that deep voice before; and she wasn't referring to all the times she heard it the previous day, she meant she had heard his voice before meeting him in Starbucks. But try as she may, she couldn't remember where or when.

An image flashed inside her head when she went to turn off the water, freezing her hand in place. What she saw brought a million more questions to her already overflowing mind, making her groan in exasperation before turning the water off and toweling herself dry. After putting her pijama on and taking some sleeping pills to force her body to rest, she turned on the air conditioner and tucked herself between the covers of her cozy bed. "I'm not going to let you disturb my sleep any longer." She glared at the sliding door and closed her eyes, slowly drifting to sleep not soon after.

Her stalker watched as she entered her home from the branches of a tree in a nearby house and smiled before gazing up at a clearing sky

Her stalker watched as she entered her home from the branches of a tree in a nearby house and smiled before gazing up at a clearing sky. It was time to return to his temporary lodging and rest his undead body before waiting another night for his mortal goddess' return. Glaring at the sky for cutting short his time, he transformed into a whitish fog and glided back to the safety of the old colonial house he recently acquired.

He seeped between the perfectly preserved wooden windows and slowly reformed his body inside the darkened room. Heavy blood red curtains closed by themselves, protecting him from the rising sun before he grudgingly laid inside his black coffin. The vampire smiled, remembering the fear reflected in the girl's mismatched eyes as he closed the lid and darkness swallowed his body.

****

His blue eyes searched among the crowd of noisy, young university students for an easy prey before he went to see her that night. It had only passed an hour since Father Darkness had wrapped everything within his mantle but most of those humans were already heavily drunk; they were screaming and singing something about passing an important exam.