Enchanted Night [Malicious Seafolk Contest]

Loíza walked away from the party wanting to disappear from the face of the Earth

Loíza walked away from the party wanting to disappear from the face of the Earth. Her ex-boyfriend had recently made known his engagement to her sister; whom he met through Skype and had never seen in person until she came to Ciudad Bolívar for the big announcement.

She felt betrayed by both, first her ex and then her sister. Tears rolled down her caramel cheeks just by thinking of their future wedding and her hands... her hands couldn't stop shaking.

Walking in a daze, the redhead reached a small plaza that overlooked the Orinoco River and gazed at the dark waters illuminated by the large moon. Would it be okay to go in and never come out? Would her sister suffer her death as she was suffering right now?

She stepped closer to the railing that separated the plaza's lookout from the river.

"Such a beautiful soul shouldn't die drowning in grief."

Loíza turned around at the rich and almost seductive masculine voice to find a strangely dressed man looking at her.

His blue eyes, pale blond hair, fair skin and pure white suit were gorgeous, perfect even, but the equally white straw hat succeeded in making her laugh.

He smirked and gave a subtle nod, touching his hat. "Call me eccentric but these are my favorite ones," he said, coming closer to her. "I'm Julián and you are...?"

"Loíza," she whispered without looking away from his blue eyes. He gave off a type of aura that was able to lift the cold grip of sadness from her heart and replace it with warmth; one she wished would never leave her.

"Strange name. Not from these parts."

She arched an eyebrow. "I'm Puerto Rican but look who's talking, you don't seem Venezuelan either."

He smirked and his face glowed with mischievousness. "Oh, the lady discovered my secret." Julián laughed before offering a hand to the redhead. "You need to blow off some steam, am I right?" When she nodded he continued. "Care to join me for a nocturnal adventure?"

With her heart racing, the young woman didn't think twice before grabbing his hand. She felt secure, happy and strangely attracted to Julián whenever she looked into his pale blue eyes. It was a mystical connection that surpassed the limits of logic or reality.

Leaving the plaza, they began walking throughout the city, stopping in a few bars where the music reached all the way to the streets.

Julián loved the music so he asked her to dance in every establishment they stopped. She politely refused the first two invitations but as the night progressed, the alcohol and his contagious carefree energy succeeded in banishing her shyness. From that moment on there wasn't a single invitation she refused from him.