Halloween Hunt (Halloween Vault)

Dedicated to Urban-fantasy

Gabriel was cleaning his latest victim’s blood off his katana when suddenly he was thrown by an unseen force against the brick wall in front of him. Pain exploded inside his head as he felt warm liquid trickling down the side of his face. Had someone just attacked him?

With a partially clouded sight, he looked up and down the dark alleyway but couldn’t find anyone else beside the newbie and him. “Where is the bastard that attacked me, Alek?” he asked holding his head as he tried to stand using the wall as support.

“Right in front of you, Warrior of Light,” the man answered with glowing green eyes. “My master sent me to kill you and all your fellow Oriwohéms in the Order.”

“What are you?” Gabriel asked, gritting his teeth because his necklace had been fooled yet again by another demonic artefact.

“Your killer.”

The hunter lunged for his katana lying a few feet away from him but his enemy was quicker and, murmuring some words in an unholy tongue, pinned him against the wall holding him above the ground with invisible hands. Gabriel let his power turn his eyes golden as his body was covered by a soft glow of the same color.

The warlock laughed while increasing the pressure over his victim’s neck. “Silly human. Don’t you need to touch me in order to purify me?”

“Yes but that’s not my intent,” the Oriwohém whispered before his body was engulfed in light and his opponent cried out in agony. That was his chance. Grabbing his sword from the floor, the hunter rushed at the creature he suspected was a demon and thrust his weapon forward.

Basher,” Alek said still blinded and the tip of the katana made a horrible shriek when it clashed against the invisible but impenetrable shield. “Now is my turn.” Smiling as his vision cleared, he called forth an electric storm to rain down on his opponent. It would a matter of time before the hunter was dead.

Gabriel could somehow evade two of the lightning that struck but the third one landed to close to him and the energy release alone send him flying a couple of meters down the alleyway. His eyes opened as every cell in his body cried out in pain. He grunted and tried to move but his limbs refused to heed his order. It was as if all his energy had been drained leaving him aching from head to toes.

“Look at you now,” the monster bragged with a twisted smile on his face, “a mighty Warrior of Light slumped at my feet like a worthless bag of meat. I guess you had never fought a warlock before.”

Gabriel's eyes widened. His God Spark only worked on dark creatures and witches were neutral. It was a lose battle from the start.

Alek smiled again. “I will enjoy hacking you into pieces.”

******************
A/N: This little short story was created for the Halloween Vault event, especially for the Urban-fantasy activity in day twenty-six. May the hunters be hunted 😁😊.

Microsoft word count: 485