Good-Bye

Good-Bye

"No way!" I yelled. "You can not be doing this to me!" I glared hatefully at my social worker as she smiled pleasantly back at me. " I will not leave." I said firmly, the social worker just kept smiling.

"But you have to dear." She said. "This is a very nice family willing to take you into their home." I scoffed, she said this about every foster family I went to stay with. And I ended up leaving within two weeks anyway. "It's going to be fine dear."

"Fine?" I asked sarcasticly. "I have to leave my home, my friends, my life behind! To go to live with some rich stuck up bitch in some shitty little town, in some shitty little state? No fucking way."

"It's all set in stone, honey." She said sweetly. "You WILL be moving to Forks tommorrow, you will straighten up your act, or you will be in a lot of trouble. And it's only for a year and a half. You can last that long." I smiled at that. I could last that long, and then I'd be home free. Free to come back to my girls.

"Fine." I agreed. The social worker smiled.

"You leave at 10:30 tomorrow morning."

I bid my social worker good bye and walked out into the fresh air. I loved this place. It was my Houston. I lived here my entire life, and now I was going to leave it? I had no other choice, well I actually did. I could always go to prison, but after being in the county jail for 24 hours I'd rather not try the state prison. I got in my car and drove "home". If you could even call it that. Sure it was on the rich side of the city, and sure maybe the people who lived in it were rich, maybe here I could get everything I wanted in this house, but there was nothing holding me to it.

Lynx and Amber were sitting on the front steps waiting for me when I pulled up. I could tell they had heard the news. Amber was glaring, not at me, just at empty space. Her gray eyeslooked almost black. Her lips were pulled down into a frown. Lynx looked a little calmer, she had always been the calm one of our little group. I could tell she was angry though by the set of her face. Her dark brown eyes were sad, her face relaxed, and her lips were in a frown too.

I slowly got out of the, bracing myself for the wrath that I knew was going to come from my best friends. Sure enough once they saw me pull up they jumped up and almost pulled out of my car and into my room.

"What. The. Fuck." Lynx said simply, locking the door as Amber set me on my over sized bed.

"I. Got. Adopted." I micked her.

"I. Know. That. Bitch. But. Why?"

"I don't know, I was called into her office today and she told me I was adopted and am moving tomorrow."

"Who adopted you?" Amber asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"I don't know, she was a friend of my mom's. I think her name is Maybelle..."

It was silent for a while, the three of us deep in our own thoughts. Lynx and Amber left shorty after that, saying that they would be back later. I sighed, and started to pack. I only had a few things, I could easily fit all of it in one bag. My few clothes, my Ipod, and my guitar were the only things I was going to bring. I looked at the clock on my wall, Amber and Lynx shouldn't be back for a couple of hours if my suspicion of what they were doing was correct.

Me and my friends weren't the most perfect people on the earth. Living on the bad side of Houston there was a lot of drugs and sex. And like any teenager who was ruled by their hormones, the three of us were sucked into it. I'd known Amber since the day she was born, our moms went and partied together and left us at Amber's house.

Lynx was a different story, she used to be a goody two shoe, until she met us. She just fit in with our group of misfits, completing our triangle. And that's how's it been since then. Until now.