Vampires

Vampires

"Excuse me?" The flight attendent whispered. I jerked awake, startling her. "The flight is over, you may leave now." I nodded, sleepily, and got up. My legs tingled as they tried to awake up. I got off the plane and was greeted by very bleak, very grey skies. I walk from the terminal to the baggage pick up area. I found my suitcases very easy, and then I went and tried to find Maybelle Finn. It wasn't very hard, I walked aways to were the drivers were holding signs and right in front was a sign that said my name.

There were two people holding it. One was an older woman, around thirty maybe. She had long, curly brown hair and blue eyes. She was smiling ear to ear as she looked around for me. She looked awfully familiar. The girl next to her looked nothing like her, she dirty blonde and brown eyes. But from the information my social worker had given me, I knew that the girl was Maybelle's daughter, Jenna.

"Are you Maybelle Finn?" I asked when I got closer. The woman looked up at me and smiled. She nodded.

"My, my, my. You sure have grown since the last time I saw you. You have turned into quite a beautiful young lady." I blushed as she and Jenna took my bags. I followed them as they walked out the door. I followed them to a dark green Camaro. It looked brand new, I stopped and gapped at it. Maybelle noticed my staring and she smiled.

"You like?" She asked as she ushered me into the car. I nodded, the inside was even better than the outside. It had brand new leather interior, everything looked as if it had just been redone.

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

"This was my very first car. When it died, I couldn't let it go so I kept it. After I got married my husband decided that for my 29th birthday he was going to fix it up for me." Her voice trailed off as she reminced. She started the car and drove out of the airport quickly.

"Where is your husband?" I asked.

Jenna answered my question. "He died last October." Shock crossed my face and I immeditly felt emmbarest.

"I'm so sorry." Jenna shrugged.

"He wouldn't want us to be sad. So we try not to be." Her mother smiled at her and took her hand in her own.

"No he wouldn't"

**********

By the time we reached Forks, I had learned a lot about my new "family". Jenna was 14 years old and a freshman in high school. Maybelle was 30 years old and a doctor at Forks Hospital. She used to live in Houston, she was best friends with my mom which is why she looked so familiar.

Jenna and Maybelle got my bags for me when we reached their house. I nearly dropped dead at the sight of the huge, and I mean HUGE house. It had to have been at least 3 stories tall. It was a victorican style house, painted a pastel blue with white trim. It too looked familiar.

"Are you coming, Angel?" Jenna asked as she stepped through the front door. The inside was even more magnificent than the outside, it was simple but elegant. The funiture must have cost a fortune. I followed Jenna up the stair as she led me to my new room. There were so many pictures on the walls as I followed Jenna. There were pictures of her, Maybelle, and some man I didn't know. I took him to be her father. Jenna led me to the door and stood back so I could enter. This room didn't blow me away like the rest of the house did. It was plain as Jane but it was pretty.

It had white walls and a white bed and a white desk and a... well you get the point, the whole damn room was white. Well, that was going to change.

"I'll leave you to unpack." She said as she walked to the door. "Mom wants you down stairs around 6 so we can discuss house rules and eat supper." I nodded. What? Fucking house rules. This is going to be a longer year than I thought. I put my suitcase on the bed and guitar in the corner. I unzipped my suitcase and started to put my clothes away. After about half an hour, I had gotten it all unpacked and put away.

So out of bored boredm, I went down stairs. I could hear Jenna and Maybelle laughing. When I entered the room Maybelle and Jenna stopped. It wasn't because I intruded but becoause they were surprised. Maybelle and Jenna had flour all over themselves. I laughed whole heartedly at the sight.

"Hello there Angel, did you get settled okay?" Maybelle asked, trying to wip the flour off over herself.

"Yes I did thank you." I told her and she grinned.

"Are you ready for dinner?" Jenna asked, coming up and hugging her mother from behind. I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart. Why couldn't I had a relationship like that with my mom? Oh yeah, she's dead because she overdosed on too much crack. I kept my my shut and nodded. "It should be ready in about ten minutes."

"Why don't we sit down and talk?" Maybelle said as she and Jenna sat down at the table. "We need to lay down some ground rules." Because Maybelle knew all about my past, she also knew all the precautions to take. I had a curfew, 9:00pm, I had to be in bed by 10:00 and light had to be out by 11:00. I had to go straight from here to school and back again, no stops in between. And once I got home, I had to do homework. No phone calls, no email, no contact to the outside world until I "earned" it. I couldn't be left at home by myself so I had to go everywhere with them. Stupid bitch, I thought as Maybelle went on talking about "how much this would help me in the long run". Bitch, you don't know what anything, I yelled at her in my head.

"We already bought your school supplies. You start school on Monday." Maybelle said, bringing me out of my rant. "I'll take you to the school tomoorow so you can check it out and get your schedule. But for right now I'm sure you'd like something to eat." I nodded and she handed me a piece of pizza from the oven.

**********

Forks High School was probably the smallest school I'd even seen in my whole life, and trust me when I say, I've seen a lot. It had one large, main building, and lots of smaller portables. Maybelle first took me to the office to get my schedule. I barely looked it over, I didn't really care what classes I would be taking.

I walked idly down the hallway to find my locker. After I found I found it and finished putting away my things, I turned to Maybelle and asked if we could leave and that I'd figure my way around the school on own on Monday. We turned to leave, but I ran into someone and fell on my ass.

I looked up to see the hottest guy I'd ever seen seen. Except for Kevin, but you know he doesn't count. The guy had curly brown hair and gorgous hazel colored eyes. He was strongly built and perfect. I sat there and gaped at him. He looked horrified as he offered me his hand to help me up. I took it greatfully, his hand was freezing. Oh. My. God. I didn't even know his name yet I knew his most darkest secret. He was a vampire.