Forever Might Now Be Long Enough

One Month Later

"Emmett?" Esme called from below. I sighed and started down stairs. The family was gathered in the living room, with the addition of two new family members. Penny Howe had given birth to a beautiful baby girl two weeks ago. Penny and her daughter, Allison, were sitting on the couch next to Bella and Edward. Alice and Jasper sat on the floor in front of them, Esme sat in the airchair across from them. Carlisle stood in front of them all, a worried expression placed on his face.

"What's up?" I asked, no emotion in my voice. 30 days had past since I spoke to Angel. 30 more bones had been broken, and there was nothing I could do to save her. Felix had lead us on a wild goose chase around the world and we had finally ended up back at home.

Penny coughed behind me, trying to get my attention. I turned to see her smiling. "I know where Angel is." She said, smiling from ear to ear. My breathing stopped and had it beenbeating, my heart would hae skipped a beat.

"Why the hell haven't you told us this before?" I yelled her. She shrunk back into the couch. Allison glared at me.

"Don't yell at Mommy like that!" She screamed at me. THe little girl, who looked like she was five, not three months old, could be scary when she wanted to be.

"I'm sorry Penny." I told her curtly.

"Emmett." Carlisle said. "Let me explain, Penny is a Tracker. She didn't know it before, but now that it has been brought to her attention she has found Angel."

"Then let's go!" I yelled, running up the stairs. The family went to their own rooms to get ready. I just jumping with joy when I came back down stairs. Don't worry anymore my Angel, I thought, I'll be there soon.

Angel's P.O.V

I put on the baggiest shirt I could find in my closet. It was blue and hung losely around my large stomach. I put a grey sweater on over that. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of black boots. Felix was so unobservent, had he been paying attention he would have realized I was pregant.

"Love?" The devil himself called from the living room of the house he had bought us. "Come here a moment." I walked out into the living room, trying to hide the pain of my newly broken rib.

"Yes Felix?" I hissed. He didn't seem fazed by my rude tone.

"Are you alright dear?" He asked, his voice filled with false compassion. "You have been awfully quiet."

"I'm fine." I said blankly, trying to hide the pain.

"Alright." He said before turning back toward the T.V. I went into the kitchen. I was surprised he hadn't kekpt to the threat he told Emmett. Oh Emmett, his name brought tears to my eyes. I missed him so much. I went to to fridge and took out a steak. You know those cravings you get when you pregnant? Well mine was steak. Siddenly the steak dropped from my grasp. I headr a sickening snap and pain coursed through my body. I crumpled to the white tile beneath me.

I barely heard Felix yelling my name from somewhere above me. I barely heard the front door burst open and people charged through. The only thing I was paying attention to was the pain coursing through my body. There were voices above me and I tried to consentrate on those.

"Oh my god!" I knew that voice! But it couldn't be. "Angel no!" It was Emmett! He had found me!

"Emm.. Emmett?" I called meakly.

"Oh Angel!" He was was filled with relief. It was so good to hear his sweet voice again. "Carlisle!" He called. Ibarely heard footsteps coming toward us. Carlisle bent down and put his hands on my forehead.

"Save.. save the baby." I studdered.

"I'll try." Carlisle said. "Emmett get me a knife." Emmett left for a split second then came back. I couldn't really feel as Carlisle worked on me, but I could hear Felix screaming as the others tore him apart.

"It's a boy." Carlisle whispered. I sighed in relief.

"His name..." I studdered in pain. "Is Austin."

"Emmett." Carlisle said, panic in his musical voice. "You have to change her." I didn't get to hear his reply, I slipped into the black. The pain disappeared. But so did everything else. Emmett, my baby, Carlisle. I fought to go back, but the harder I fought, the farther I was pulled away. Suddenly I was yanked back, by fire. My whole body was on fire.

I screamed as I burned. I could hear Emmett words of comfort from beside me. I could hear Carlisle telling him to get me out of there. I could feel Emmett picking me up and running out the door of the prison I had been held in for the past month.

I burned for at least three days. Emmett never left my side. I had no idea where I was, but I didn't care. I was with Emmett again. Maybelle had came by. Apparently, Carlisle told her all about vampires. It was nice to hear her voice.

After what I thought was the third day, the burning decreased and I got stronger. Finally the burning stopped completely. I moved my hand slowly, making sure it was gone, and sure enough it was!

"Angel?" Emmett called from beside me. I slowly opened my eyes. I was in Emmett's room, that I was sure of. But it looked different. I saw everything more clearly, every little detail I could see with perfect clearity. Then I looked at Emmett.

He was even more glorious then I remembered. He sparkled like diamonds. There is almost no way to desribe to you how he looked. No way for me to tell you how different everything was. I gently and slowly got off his bed. Emmett watched me closely as if I was about to fall.

"What are you staring at?" I asked, though my voice sounded like bells. "I am no different than I was three days ago."

Emmett just stared at me and then he smiled. He ran down stairs quietly and returned with a full length mirror and the whole family behind him. He put the mirror in the corner then grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the mirror.

The girl in the mirror was a stranger. I mean, she still looked like me except her features were more perfect. Her skin was still tan but paler somehow. And my eyes, they were blood red. They were sharp and precise.

"Damn, I look good." I said, spinning around. Everyone laughed. I stopped suddenly. "Where's Austin?" Emmett's smile didn't falter, though everyone else's did.

"He is down stairs." He told me. "Would you like to see him?" I nodded and we walked down stairs. On the couch, sat Penny, Austin, and a little girl I didn't know.

"Penny?" I asked, she smiled and jumped up. She ran to me and collected me in a hug. "Wow, my best friend is a vamp." I joked. She smiled.

"Allison? Come here for a nimute." She said, calling the little girl playing with Austin on the couch. The little girl bounded toward Penny. "Ally, this is my best friend and your godmother, Angel." The little girl smiled. She looked nothing like her father. She had long red hair and pale skin. She had her mother's light brown eyes.

"Hello Angel." She said, giving me a hug. Then we turned to Austin. He looked like me too, no trace of his father in him. He had short dark brown hair and my eyes.

"Mommy!" He said, running toward me.

"Austin." I whispered, catching him in my arms. I held him tight for a moment before Emmett wrapped his arms around the bother of us. Forever will defiently not be long enoung.