PART 2

Draco led him through the halls silently before they finally reached the location where Harry first found himself in. Draco pushed open the door, and Harry walked in. It still smelt like rain and new book, which was rather odd for a classroom. Nonetheless, it was rather pleasant.

Draco walked in after him and closed the door. Harry felt anxiety eating at him. Draco wasn't exactly intimidating, but he was a perfect stranger in an unknown location, and Harry would be a fool if he wasn't at least slightly uncomfortable.

He turned to him, and Harry noticed that Draco was slightly taller. Reluctantly, he stuck out a hand. "My name is Draco Malfoy, Potions professor. Either Draco or Mr Malfoy is fine."

Harry took his hand, noticing it to be pleasantly warm and soft although his fingers were rather thin. He pulled away quickly, and for some reason, felt heat licking at his cheeks.

Draco walked up to his desk, which was at the front of the room, and sat down. Harry awkwardly watched him, not knowing what to do. "Come on, then. Grab a chair, come up here. We need to have a chat."

Harry licked his lips, which were rather chapped, and grabbed a chair from a nearby desk. He carried it over to Draco's desk and sat down in front of it so they were facing each other.

"Now, before I explain more about where exactly you are, I want to know where you came from. Tell me about yourself," he said, his sharp grey eyes never leaving Harry's, who shifted in his chair.

"Well, um, yeah, my name is Harry Potter..." he said, not really knowing where to begin. His life really wasn't interesting at all. "I live in an orphanage in London... as you can tell, I don't have a family..." He watched as Draco bit his lip.

"There really isn't much to know that isn't too personal. I like books, I suppose, since they help me pass time quickly. I also like doing math in school, I suppose. Oh! I'm 17 years old, as well," he said, slightly rambling. He felt like he'd said enough, so he just stared at Draco, waiting for him to say something.

"Alright then," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Draco, Harry just realized, looked rather stressed. Shouldn't he be, though, considering the circumstances? "We'll save the personal bits for later when we're figuring out what you're doing here."

He got up and walked over to a bookshelf in the corner of the room, gathering a few rather heavy books. Harry gulped. He didn't need to read all that, did he? Sure, he liked reading, but not from ancient-looking textbooks...

Draco came back to the desk and plopped the books on top, producing a loud thunking sound. He sat back down. "Here are a bunch of books about the basics of magic and our world." Seeing Harry's slightly panicking look, he quickly added, "Don't worry, you don't need to read everything if you don't want to. I just suggest maybe flipping through them, reading something here and there. There's really a lot to learn about our world."

Harry shifted in his seat again, staring at the large pile of books. "So magic really is real, then?"

Draco nodded. "That it is. Any questions?"

Harry quickly glanced around the room. "Yeah, I've got a ton."

"That's expected," Draco replied, leaning back in his chair.

"How old are you?" Harry asked, and when Draco raised an eyebrow, Harry felt himself blushing. "I mean, you seem pretty young, but you're a professor."

Draco bit his lip again, which Harry noted must have been a bad habit. "Long story short, there was a war very recently, and I know a ton about potions. I'm 22."

Harry blinked. That really was young for a teacher, but he supposed that it would be fine if Draco really did know his stuff.

"Why does it smell like rain and books?" He asked, just out of curiosity. Since they were in a magical school, it must have had something to do with magic, and Harry was curious.