PART 18

Harry had been at Hogwarts for quite a while, but he had yet to be unimpressed by dinner. Dinner was probably his second favourite time of the day, next to watching Draco teach. He had the chance to chat with Neville and sometimes even meet other Professors. He most liked the food, though, there was no doubt about it.

But on this Tuesday night, there was something different—an offer, a proposal, an invitation. And of course, it came from Draco, meaning that Harry could not possibly say no. Not that he wanted to, anyway.

Draco nudged him when they were almost done eating. "Would you want me to take you flying?" He asked, and Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Like on a broomstick?" Draco nodded. Harry barely had to ponder it. He had yet to fly on a broom—it seemed to be the only thing he hadn't done yet. And from what Draco had told him, it was an amazing experience.

"Hell yeah," Harry replied with a grin. Draco smiled back at him, and within 10 minutes, they were done their dinner and heading to the Quidditch pitch.

The moon was high in the sky, and there weren't any clouds. The moonlight lit up their surroundings, and Harry was once again taken back by the beauty of Hogwarts. Even more so, when he glanced at Draco, he saw an even greater beauty. His hair was pale and his features were sharp, contrasting with the softness of his smile, which Harry was delighted to see aimed at him.

They reached the pitch soon enough, and Draco stopped him with a hand on his arm. "Wait here, I'll grab the brooms," he said before disappearing.

Harry had a few moments to himself to really study the pitch. He knew all about Quidditch from what Draco had taught him, but he'd never seen it in person. For some reason, he got the feeling that he wouldn't enjoy Quidditch all that much, though the thought of flying on a broom excited him to no end.

Draco came back quicker than expected, lugging along two brooms. Harry grinned, and Draco smiled when he looked up at him through the hair obscuring his forehead.

He threw one to Harry. "Get on, Potter," he said, and Harry grinned nervously. He knew all about the theory involved in flying, he knew how to do it step by step, but he lacked experience. He glanced at the broom nervously before awkwardly throwing one leg over it.

"Calm down, Harry, you can do this. It's a piece of cake," Draco said with a grin, getting on his broomstick. Harry watched in awe as he ascended only about a metre in the air. "We don't have all night. Get up here, you nerd," Draco teased lightly and Harry grinned at him, his excitement to fly overcoming his nervousness.

He steered the broom upwards and was delighted to find himself ascending. Draco did the same, and within a few seconds, they were about 60 feet in the air, the wind rustling Harry's hair.

The view was magnificent. He could see almost all of Hogwarts from here, including the lake that held most of his beloved memories. More so, the wind was whipping in Draco's face, moving his hair all around and making him appear nothing less than godlike.

Harry quickly accelerated, full of adrenaline, and watched as Draco flew by his side. The wind was chilling to the bone in the best way possible, and Harry swore he's never felt such a rush of energy. He flew, each second going faster than the last, and couldn't hold back his laugh of pure joy.

"Enjoying yourself?" He heard Draco shout from his side, and Harry grinned. High on adrenaline, he performed a few quick loops, laughing at the way his stomach turned and twisted.

Harry couldn't keep track of how long the flew. His best guess was about half an hour maybe, but it felt like much shorter. He found that this was definitely something he'd want to do again. It was refreshing, feeling wind against your body, and especially seeing Draco laughing so freely, as if his problems (whatever they are) no longer existed.