「EPILOGUE」

SOME TIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE

"Alright, can anyone tell me what Amortentia is?" Draco looked around his class of six years, and was disappointed to see that no one knew. He frowned and sighed rather dramatically. "No one? Alright. Mr Potter, what is Amortentia?" He asked, turning to his soulmate, who just happened to be his assistant.

Harry, who no longer felt nervous under the gaze of a group of students, grinned. "Why, Mr Malfoy, Amortentia is the strongest love potion out there. Amortentia smells differently to everyone, depending on who or what you love."

Draco smiled, which was nowhere near as rare as it used to be. Harry was glad to see that his soulmate was happier with each passing day. "Very right you are, Mr Potter."

Draco looked back to his class, and was surprised to see a hand raised in the air. "Yes, Victoire?"

The young Ravenclaw girl smiled politely at him. "Excuse me, but what do you and Mr Potter smell, Mr Malfoy?"

Harry felt his cheeks start to glow, and smiled when he saw Draco beginning to blush as well.

"Well... I smell rain, books, and chlorine," Draco answered, glancing at Harry.

"I smell firewhiskey, treacle tart, and the Quidditch pitch," Harry said, unable to keep his eyes off of his soulmate.

"Awwww..." A few students said, and Harry laughed at the sound; the kids definitely knew who their teachers were referring to.

Harry watched as Draco's grin widened. "Alright, class, that's it for today—you've got an early dismissal. The dance is today, remember?"

Harry watched as the students all gathered their textbooks and ran out the door, eager to get ready for the dance everyone's been waiting for.

Finally, Harry and Draco were the only ones left in the classroom. Harry grinned. "Remember how you asked me to the dance on the Quidditch pitch? We're going as friends, remember?"

Draco grinned. "Fuck off, soulmate, or I swear you'll be going with Professor Lupin instead."

"He's hotter than you, at least," Harry teased.

Draco glared at him playfully. "I hate you," he muttered with a frown. Harry laughed.

"Yeah, right. You love me."

**********

The Grand Hall was all decorated and beautiful, but Harry could hardly breathe. The room was almost overcrowded, and the music was so loud his ears were ringing.

His fingers were intertwined with Draco's, who looked incredible in his dark suit. He wanted nothing more than to stay and dance, but he felt like he was about to pass out.

"I'm getting a bit lightheaded," Harry murmured in Draco's ear, who nodded. After all this time, Draco being so physically close to Harry made his stomach flip over and over.

"Come on," Draco said into his ear before tugging him out of the Great Hall by his hand. It was difficult weaving through all the students and teachers, but eventually they made it out of there.

Outside, the music was only slightly quieter, but Harry was able to breathe. His head stopped spinning. "Thanks," he muttered to Draco and smiled up at him. He really did look amazing, and Harry couldn't believe that Draco was his.

"Do you want to stay here or go somewhere else? I know a place," Draco suggested, and Harry raised an eyebrow while blushing; where did his boyfriend plan to take him?