PART 3

"Harry, wake up. It's breakfast time."

The voice was too loud, and the bed was too comfortable. Harry groaned in reply, strengthening his grip on the bed sheets.

"Seriously, get up."

A hand was soon nudging him, but Harry couldn't get up. It felt like his brain was numb. He could hardly function this early in the morning.

"Harry Potter you will get up this second—"

The voice was too annoying and too loud and Harry just wanted it to stop, so he sat up, his eyes still closed. "I'm up, I'm up," he said, his voice groggy and his mind still half-asleep.

He opened his eyes and found Draco Malfoy standing next to his bed. He was already dressed and looked fully awake. Harry noticed that he didn't smile much, but from what he'd seen so far, he really should smile more; it makes him look much more friendly.

"We're going on a shopping trip today, Harry," he said as Harry rubbed the sleep from his eyes. A few bones in his back and hands cracked, and he saw Draco flinch at the sound out of the corner of his eye. "We're going to a place called Diagon Alley to get you your wand and robes and all your supplies. Don't worry about the costs, they'll be covered."

Harry grumbled in reply, and groped around the nightstand beside his bed for his glasses. When he put them on, the world became much sharper, and he noticed that Draco had slicked his hair back today. Before, he thought he ought to, but he realized it looked much better when it was left alone to scatter over his forehead.

He swung his feet over the side of the bed, and Draco moved back, allowing him space to get up. Harry was still wearing his clothes from yesterday, which consisted of quite uncomfortable jeans and a red flannel shirt. Soon, he processed what Draco had just said, and looked up at him once more.

"What kind of supplies?" He asked.

"I'm teaching you about magic outside of regular classes, so you'll need the same supplies as the other students. So things like books, cauldrons, robes, a wand, maybe a broomstick..." He rattled on, Harry only paying half attention.

"Alright. When do we leave?" He asked.

"After breakfast."

Draco then lead him out of their chambers and through many hallways, passing groups of students that stared at Harry, who was the target of all the rumours nowadays. Those who had been in Potions at the time he appeared had already had plenty of time to spread rumours, and now the theories were flying.

"I heard he's Voldemort's son," he heard someone whisper as they passed a particularly large group of students, and didn't have the time to ask who the hell Voldemort was.

"I heard he's the greatest sorcerer of all time disguised to take down McGonagall," another said, and Harry grimaced, deciding to stop listening and focus more on Draco, who was walking beside him.

"Don't listen to the rumours," Draco said out of the corner of his mouth, quiet but loud enough for Harry to hear.

Too late, he thought. How on earth did this situation spread throughout the school within half a day, anyway?

The soon reached what Harry was told was called the Great Hall, and inside of it he found four large tables filled with students, as well as a table up front that was filled with teachers. The tables were all filled with a large variety of food that looked absolutely delicious and Harry felt his mouth watering at the sight.

"You'll come up to the staff table and sit beside me. Unless, of course, there's somewhere else you'd like to sit?" Draco whispered into Harry's ear, his breath tickling his skin. Harry looked around the room once more and noticed that the majority of the students were staring at him.