PART 13

"Wand out, Harry," Draco instructed.

Draco stood about five feet in front of Harry, whose fingers were shaking around his wand. He was told that he was around a fourth year level at best, and Draco seemed confident in Harry's abilities enough to propose a mock duel. Harry, even after all his hard work, didn't feel like he was ready. Surely his abilities were nothing in comparison to Draco's.

Draco apparently noticed his anxiety and sighed. "Harry, come on, I'll go easy. This is just to practice."

The words were meant to be soothing, but Harry's hand only trembled harder as he was reminded that Draco was a seemingly powerful wizard and could probably kill him if he wanted to. Harry knew Draco would never hurt him, of course, but the thought was still unsettling.

Draco noticed that Harry wasn't calming down and sighed once more. "Harry, come on. We're friends, aren't we? It's just me," he tried.

Harry breathed in deeply, trying to calm himself. Yeah, Draco could most definitely kill him, but he wouldn't. Right? Right. And anyways, it was about time that Harry did something to impress Draco. He'd been studying hard for over two months, it was time to show Draco that he really was a phenomenal teacher.

Raising his wand higher, Harry sucked in another breath. For Draco, he told himself. "I'm ready," he said, anxiety licking at his nerves. Show him how good of a student you are.

"Okay," Draco mumbled, and raised his own wand. Harry's nerves heightened. Ground yourself, he thought to himself, wanting desperately to lower his nerves. The sun feels good against my skin. There's a slight breeze. We're in front of a big tree that provides perfect shade. The lake is beautiful today.

While Harry was working to calm himself down, Draco raised his wand further, going into the position that he normally took on when about to cast a spell. "Impedimenta!" He yelled, and Harry was momentarily caught of guard.

"Protego!" He yelled back, moving his wand to deflect the beam of light that shot at him. Involuntarily, he stepped back, flinching away from the spell.

"Rictusempra!" Harry countered quickly, watching in delight as it hit Draco although he knew he was going easy on him. Draco was slightly blasted backwards, and Harry felt an itch to run to him and ask if he was fine, but he stayed put. Draco recovered within seconds.

"Furnunculus!" Harry heard Draco say quickly as he sent the light towards Harry, which hit him and caused him to stumble. He groaned upon recognizing it; The Pimple Jinx. He flinched away again. Stop stepping back, he told himself.

"Impedimenta!" He tried firing at Draco.

Draco, however, was quicker. "Locomotor mortis!" He yelled, and the curse hit Harry quicker than he anticipated. He stumbled backwards, unable to balance himself with his locked legs. His foot hit something that he soon knew to be a tree root, and before he knew it, he was falling down, down, down.

He hit the grass with a loud thump and instantly groaned, dropping his wand. He heard rustling and soon Draco was kneeled by his side. His ankle hurt like a bitch but shit, Draco was leaning over him and his grey eyes were wide and concerned. His hair hung down and the sun gave him a halo and shit shit shit, he looked perfect.

Another sharp pain in his ankle brought him back to reality and once again made him aware of the pain he was in. "Harry, Merlin, I'm so so sorry..." he heard Draco mumble. He backed away and Harry almost whimpered, but then saw that Draco was only moving towards his ankle.

"Does it hurt bad, Harry?" He asked while rolling up Harry's pants, his touch gentle, not wanting to hurt him further.

Harry tried to control his breathing, and instead of looking at his ankle, looked up at the sky, which was pure blue. Another pain shot through his leg and he twitched involuntary. "Ow!" He shot out.

"Sorry, sorry..." Draco mumbled. Harry felt that his pant leg was already above his ankle, but he didn't dare to look, not wanting to know what he'd find there. "Don't worry, it's not too too bad, it's just sprained. I'll fix it."

Harry relaxed slightly, his breath still still and shallow. He trusted Draco with all his heart.

"Episkey," he heard Draco say, and Harry yelped as an even sharper pain raged through his legs. However, right after the pain, he felt good as new.

He sat up and looked at Draco, who was rolling his pant leg back down with gentle movement. Harry smiled at the sight—Draco seriously looked amazing with the sun lighting up his face, and Harry's heart beat slightly quicker as he saw the gentle expression on Draco's face.

"You'll be fine," Draco said. His gaze lingered on Harry's for a second longer before he stood up. "Get up, you tosser," he then teased, his voice going back to normal.

Harry grinned, his pain completely forgotten. "What, you want to duel again, Malfoy?" He teased, although he knew that Draco could most definitely whoop his ass in a heartbeat if he wanted to.

Draco watched as Harry stood up and brushed his pants off. He shook his head, the corners of his lips curling. "Nah, that's enough for today."

Harry frowned. "Come on, Draco, it was just a little accident," he said. His nervousness about duelling with Draco now gone, he was left with a need to prove himself. "Please?"

Draco wouldn't yield. "No, Harry. I seriously think we've done enough today. Now, are we going back inside, or do you want to sit by the tree?"

Harry, seeing that Draco wasn't going to change his mind, sighed and smiled. "The tree it is," he agreed, and within a minute, they sat comfortably beneath what Harry thought to be their tree, since they always chose the same one to sit beneath.

And thus commenced one of their many talks, filled with teasing and smiling and stolen glances. Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Draco, who always seemed to loosen up when it was just him, Harry, and the tree. Draco was simply radiant when he smiled, and Harry itched to make him smile more often.

The two men spent a good hour or so at that tree, and Harry longed to spend longer. In the end, however, he knew that he had no need to wish for more. Draco was always there, he knew, and Harry himself couldn't just get up and leave Hogwarts. This was where he belonged now. Home is where the heart is, and that was never at the orphanage, but right here, under a blue sky with none other than Draco Malfoy.