PART 10

"Hey... Harry..." The voice was whispered gently, and a hand shook his shoulder. Harry only seemed to sink further into his mattress. He grumbled, and pulled the sheets closer to his body.

"Harry, hey, wake up, please," the voice whispered again, and as Harry's brain began to slowly start working, he realized that the voice belonged to Draco. He opened his eyes.

Draco was crouched at the side of his bed. He was already dressed in formal attire, his hair down like Harry liked it. His face was only about a foot away from Harry's, and although his vision was still slightly blurred, he could see that Draco looked good today. Meaning, he had no bags under his eyes. That was good.

"It's a Sunday, Draco," Harry mumbled, barely moving his lips. He normally got up each day around 7 in the morning, and weekends were the only days that he could sleep in.

He closed his eyes again, hoping that Draco would let him fall back asleep.

"I want to take you to Hogsmeade, Harry. You haven't been yet," he heard Draco whisper gently, and he groggily opened one of his eyes back up.

"Hogs what?" He mumbled.

"Hogsmeade. Come on, Harry. I'll pay," he said, and Harry opened his other eye. If he said he'll pay, then does that mean that they're going shopping? He hadn't been anywhere like that since Diagon Alley over a month ago...

Slowly but surely, he pulled himself into a sitting position. He didn't want to think about how messy his hair probably was. "I'm up, I'm up," he mumbled.

Draco stood up from his crouched position. "Get dressed. We'll just eat breakfast and go." Harry watched as he left the room, from the moment he turned to the moment he grabbed onto the doorknob. Willing himself to look away, he got up and went through his clothes, settling on something more muggle than the robes Draco bought him at Diagon Alley.

When he was dressed and his teeth were brushed, he left his room, only to find Draco sitting on one of the desks. His back was straight and his head was held high. It was a weekend, therefore they didn't need to wear robes; Draco settled on a white muggle dress shirt and dress pants which Harry noticed fit him perfectly.

"Ready to go?" He asked, sliding off the desk. Harry nodded, moving his eyes away from Draco, who began walking to the door. "Of course, we need to eat first..."

Breakfast was uneventful. Draco and Harry barely talked to each other, too busy shovelling food into their mouths. Harry could tell that Draco was rushing, so he wouldn't bother taking his sweet time. Out of the corner of his eye, he felt Neville Longbottom's gaze on him. He shrugged the feeling off and continued eating.

They finished quickly, and set off towards Hogsmeade, which didn't take too long. Harry was still too tired to properly converse—he doubted he would be very entertaining—so he settled on observing his surroundings. The ground crunched beneath their feet and the air felt fresher than usual. Draco's hands were in his pockets, and he walked with long, confident strides. Wearing only a hoodie and skinny jeans, Harry felt out of place next to him.

"Here we are," Draco said after a few minutes, and Harry felt the corners of his lips turning up. There wasn't a Hogsmeade trip today, so there weren't many people; it was perfect. Harry looked to Draco, who was already looking at him with a small, hardly noticeable smile on his face.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked, staring in awe at the many shops and wondering how they'd have time for all of them.

"Wherever you'd like, Harry."

**********

Within three hours, they were done for the day. First, they visited Honeydukes, then Zonko's, and finally had a butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks. Now, they were walking back to Hogwarts. Harry was munching on Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans.

"Who was your best friend growing up?" Harry asked Draco. While the walk to Hogsmeade was silent, the walk back was filled with light conversation. Harry enjoyed his day immensely, he realized. He certainly didn't mind waking up earlier, as long as it was for something like this.

"Pansy Parkinson. You've met her, she's the Potions supply," Draco replied, and Harry immediately thought back to the moment when he met her. He also remembered asking Draco if wizards were accepting of homosexuals... he cringed at the memory. He couldn't have possibly been more obvious.

"Have you ever had a pet?" He asked Draco, who smiled.

"Yeah. When I was really young. A dog. His name was Snuffles."

Harry snorted. "Snuffles?" He laughed, trying to imagine a younger Draco playing with a dog named Snuffles, of all things.

To Harry's delight, Draco blushed slightly. Harry grinned at the sight, throwing another jellybean into his mouth.

"I had a hamster during my time at the orphanage. I named him Tom," Harry confessed, smiling sheepishly. Tom was a downright pain in the ass, he remembered; he'd always escape his cage somehow, as if magically. Harry would always have to track him down, and thankfully he never got too far before being found.

Harry handed the box of jellybeans to Draco, who shook his head. "No thanks," he said, and Harry shook his head as well, grinning.

"That's not what I meant. Take the box, throw one at me. I want to try catching it in my mouth," Harry said, grinning.

Draco rolled his eyes, but obeyed. He grabbed a random jellybean from the box, which happened to be red in colour, and threw it at Harry, who opened his mouth. It landed nearly perfectly in his mouth, and he chewed before grinning.

"Another one," he said, and Draco reached in for another. This time, Harry failed to catch it; it hit the corner of his mouth and rebounded, landing in the grass somewhere. "Another."

They ignored the fact that they almost reached Hogwarts and instead continued. Harry was surprisingly good at catching them in his mouth. Draco, who was hesitant at first, was looking at Harry with a smile and soft eyes.

"You wanna try?" Harry asked, chewing on what was probably at least the tenth bean.

Draco shrugged, and handed Harry the box. He threw a blue bean at Draco, who opened his mouth and tried to catch it, but failed miserably; the bean hit him somewhere on the cheek. Without a pause, Harry reached for another; Draco still didn't catch it. This went on until the fifth bean, when Draco finally caught it and chewed.

Instantly, he spit it out onto the grass. "It tasted like broomstick polish," he told Harry, who was laughing slightly at the way Draco's features were screwed up in disgust.

"At least you've got the hang of it," he said with a smile, throwing another bean in Draco's direction; again, he caught it successfully.

They were almost at Hogwarts now, and Harry found that he really didn't want the moment to end. If they went back to Hogwarts, the atmosphere would most likely break, and they'd be back to being Professor Malfoy and Harry, the Boy Who Randomly Appeared. Out here, however, they were only Draco and Harry. He liked it better that way.

"Can we go down to the lake for a bit?" Harry asked, and threw another bean up at Draco, who missed.

"Yeah, sure," he said, "just keep the beans coming."

They walked to the lake together, which had become their spot, and sat down. Together, they spent hours throwing beans in the air and catching them, sharing snippets of small talk and little-known facts about each other. Towards the end of the day, when the air became slightly more chilly, Harry found that the day was a massive success.

The two men walked back to Hogwarts afterwards, both smiling fondly at each other. Harry already knew that he would want to visit Hogsmeade again, as long as it was with Draco.