PART 4

"You ready to go yet?" Draco asked, nudging him.

Diagon Alley was, lightly put, one hell of an experience. Harry only learned of the existence of wizards yesterday, and here he was, surrounded by hundreds of them. He had been exposed to so many different things he'd never dreamed to be real—potion kits, broomsticks that actually fly, wands, owls that deliver your mail...

Everything was so magical, for lack of a better word, and Harry couldn't believe what he had been missing out on.

"We can come back some time later, right?" He asked Draco, glancing up at him. Of course, there was no way for them to visit every shop in one day, and Harry wanted nothing more than to explore.

"Of course," Draco said with a nod, and Harry smiled.

"Let's go, then," he said with a grin, taking Draco's outstretched arm. Then came the feeling of being squeezed in the most uncomfortable way, and when Harry opened his eyes again, they were in front of Hogwarts.

He began walking towards the gate, the supplies he was holding beginning to hurt his arms. Only a few hours had gone by since they left. It was around 3 pm, and the sun was still shining wonderfully. Harry felt the warmth on his skin and smiled at the beauty of the world around him.

"It's nice out, ain't it?" He said to Draco, wanting to start a conversation. Draco was carrying the potions kit and the cauldrons, while Harry was left to carry everything else himself, most of the items barely hanging in his grasp. He wondered why on earth they couldn't just use magic. He didn't ask Draco.

"Yeah, the weather's great," Draco replied. "We should start as soon as possible, since you've got years to catch up on. Why don't we practice out here?" He asked, eyes on the road before them.

"Sounds lovely," Harry answered.

Within twenty minutes, they were back in Draco's (and now Harry's) chambers, with Harry's supplies littering the floor of his room. He breathed a sigh of relief at the loss of weight in his arms.

When he exited his room, he found Draco talking to some woman he'd never seen before. Her hair was cut in a black bob and her makeup seemed almost professionally done. She seemed formal and confident. She almost reminded Harry of Draco; they both had the same posture and same atmosphere. Draco, however, seemed more kind and approachable.

"Thanks for holding up my class, Pans, it seriously means a lot," he heard Draco say to the woman, a small smile on his face.

"Any time, darling," she replied, pulling Draco into a hug and briefly kissing him on the cheek. Harry shifted; he felt oddly uncomfortable, as if he shouldn't be watching this. "Good luck with your newest student," she said with a wink, gesturing her head in Harry's direction, who Draco only now saw was there.

The left the room quickly, her heels clicking against the floor. "Don't forget to owl me!" She said over her shoulder, not looking back as she left the room.

Harry's gaze turned to Draco. "That your girlfriend?" He asked, still feeling unnaturally uncomfortable.

Draco grimaced. "Merlin, no," he said, biting his lip. "She's my best friend. Love her to the moon and back. And anyways, she has... a different preference, if you get me."

Harry raised an eyebrow, understanding exactly what Draco was saying. She preferred women, then...

Suddenly, he felt an odd urge to ask.

"Is that frowned upon here? I mean, in the Muggle world, some support it and others can't stand it. Is it like that here, or...?" He trailed off, watching as Draco raised an eyebrow at him.