Beau Bennett

Beau had just gotten the call stating that he was traded to New Jersey.

"So umm, what now?" He asked. He looked as if he were about to cry, but he hated to cry in front of you. 

"I can't leave, Beau. I'm still in school. As much as I would love to come with you, I can't." You tried to hold back your tears, but you couldn't, they ran down your face. He pulled you into a tight hug. 

"I love you so much, but I have to go." He whispered, you could feel his tears fall onto your shoulder. You pulled apart. 

"I love you too, Beau, which is why I'm telling you that I'll be okay. You'll go to New Jersey and I'll stay here and finish college, and maybe we'll end up together. But if not, just know it's been a good run, Beau. You taught me to love myself when I thought I couldn't," You wiped away a few tears before kissing his cheek. 

"I don't want to end this." he shook his head.

"It'll be too hard on us. I'll be focused on school and you on your career." you disagreed.

"I want to make this work, and damn it y/n, we will!" He was full on crying now. You'd spent the past two years together and even though you are both young, you really thought he was the one. 

"No, Beau. We can't. I am perfectly fine with being friends and if we end up together later in life, then good! If not, oh well." You faked a smile. Beau had be with you through a lot of stressful events and you didn't want to lose him all together. 

"I know you're faking that smile." He mumbled.

"Beau Bennett, I am trying to make plans with you, but you won't let me. Let's take a break for now and see where we end up, eh?" You ask again. 

"I suppose you're right. I love you y/n." Beau kissed the top of your head. 

"We'll see about that," you replied coldly.