Chapter 14: Fate

Emma stood in the small room belonging to Granny for the third time that day, surrounded by those who had been intricate parts of the ordeal they currently found themselves in. After figuring out exactly where to find Regina, Emma had come back to Granny's office to discuss tactics and options with the team, but so far, they had been unable to decide on what to do, preventing her from leaving as she wanted and growing frustrated. She needed to get to Regina.

"I have to leave," Emma said, turning on her heel in the midst of the conversation to exit out to the hall and make her way towards the entrance doors of the castle. But she was stopped almost immediately by Killian.

"Whoa, Swan! Are you mad?" Killian shouted, holding onto her forearm. Emma turned to face him and the rest of her group as he let go.

"Emma, I don't think you should just run off. It isn't a good idea," Neal added.

"Agreed," Arthur spoke.

Emma looked around at the men surrounding her, the men who had helped her and Regina immensely in the last few months. She knew they had a point, and a good one at that, but she didn't want to wait any longer. She had to find Regina, talk to her, just...see if she could find a way to confirm her suspicions and what had been told to her.

Her eyes fell to the ground for a moment as she took a deep breath, knowing that her friends around her were still correct in their advisement despite her growing unease. A few moments passed in silence between the members of the group as the noises and commotion from outside floated through the walls.

"She needs to go," Henry spoke, startling all within his vicinity. Emma's head shot up to capture his eyes as they stared at her, holding her gaze as it locked with his own.

"Henry," Neal began, but Henry turned to him before he could continue and silenced the man completely.

"I know what you will say. I know it is dangerous." Henry paused and looked at Neal with an expression that caused Emma to see that pain there again, the pain behind his eyes, the one she had seen for the first time those years ago at the royal wedding. Emma knew now it was the pain he felt for his daughter and all that he had watched her endure. "But you do not understand how much I know that Emma needs to go to Regina. NOW." Emma turned to look at Neal as he stared at Henry, blinking back at him as his words washed over his resolve. After a moment, Neal turned to look at Arthur, who tilted his head to the side before shrugging his shoulders.

"Is there no way we can all go?" Killian asked tentatively from the other side of the room. "So as not to break up the group again? I do think it is important that we all try to stick together now, none of this separating parties shite anymore."

"That I can agree with," Arthur said. "If we can somehow stick together, Emma can...go to Regina, and our party would still be intact. I think that would be best."

"There's a tavern," Emma spoke suddenly, causing all faces to turn to her. "There's a tavern nearby to where I know Regina sits now. It can be reached in a short walk from her exact location."

"I don't know about you, but I can't turn down a drink when an invitation is presented," Killian spoke, flashing a smile to the rest of the group.

"What is it you propose, Emma?" Neal asked.

"If we all travel together, keeping our group from being separated as before, we could gather there. Once settled, I can go and speak to the Queen while you enjoy the tavern's provisions. We could even convene there, make our suggestions, come to a solution; a plan." Emma stared into Neal's eyes after she finished speaking, pleading with him as she felt each additional second tick by. Neal breathed in heavily then let the air escape through his nostrils. His eyes broke from Emma and moved to Arthur, who tilted his head towards his brother.