[17] Enderman Hunt

[Austin POV]

After the soup was discarded (I burnt all of it in a mass fire I made in the nether), the picture of squiggles was placed in Jeff's personal chest and the ten buckets were all stored in a remote location I didn't tell Jeff we sat down silently on ...

After the soup was discarded (I burnt all of it in a mass fire I made in the nether), the picture of squiggles was placed in Jeff's personal chest and the ten buckets were all stored in a remote location I didn't tell Jeff we sat down silently on our beds.

"Okay..." I finally said after what seemed like an eternity.
"We need a new goal now that we met our other one."

Jeff didn't look at me, still awkwardly staying silent.
"Right..." He said, glancing at me through the corner of his eye.
"Endermen hunting."

I coughed.
"Yeah. Let's do that." I said slowly, tripping over to get to the chest containing our weapons and armour.

Instead I accidentally opened Jeff's private chest.
"WHAT THE FFFF--"

(Insert Interlude Music Here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Todd POV]

The two adventures was clad in aqua blue armour that shone under the afternoon sun, walked out of the house with diamond swords clutched in hand.
Austin was experienced enough to be granted the blessing of enchantment while Jeff wasn't able to pass no matter how many offerings he made, he even offered all of his mushroom soup that Austin wanted to burn in the fire - to no results. (Then Austin threw them out the window)
Regardless his diamond sword was sturdy and can get the job done.

"Okay! We need to check the map for plains and--"

"Who needs a map?" Austin said, mimicking his friends' obnoxious joking voice.

Jeff sighed, face combining with palm.

"When we got compasses!" Austin shouted, raising his compass high into the air.

Jeff smirked.
"That's more like it!"
~~~~~~~~~

The two climbed into a shiny new boat and Austin slowly paddled them away from the small dock Jeff made prior.
It was peaceful (in a hardcore sense); the breeze gently blew against their faces, the sun shone down on the swaying grass and trees, and all sorts of cute animals wandered aimlessly on the meadow from afar.
Both of them took time to admire the beauty, the grandeur of it all. Even if they were alone, they still took time to admire and appreciate this vast world filled to the brim with wonders. Jeff threw a paddle in the lake to convey his thanks - which Austin responded with a  short scream and desperately tried to get it back before it floated away.

"JEFF WHY?" Austin shouted.

Jeff looked almost offended.
"Wood is a very generous thing to offer for our good fortune!" He shouted back with just as much vigour.

"YOU COULD'VE USED ANY OTHER WOOD!" Austin shouted with a sigh behind his voice.
"Ugh... whatever. I was getting sea-sick anyway."

They somehow managed to dock the small boat by the shore without breaking it into a million tiny pieces. Austin celebrated with a nibble of the cold steak he brought along.
Straight away, they started to gather wood for a crafting table, then eventually a second paddle that Jeff hopefully won't feel the urge to chuck away.

Something caught Austin's eye as the sun began to set down, colouring the sky in an orange and red tint. A flash of purple light peered through the corner of his eye, then when he turned to look there was nothing there.

"Jeff." He said finally,
"We got one."

He spotted it somehow on a top of a dark oak tree, long slender hands full of grass and dirt. Austin dared staring at it with his full attention, sincerely hoping it would stay there.

"Then what are we waiting for?! We need to go after it!!!" Jeff said, leaping off a hillside to see for himself.

"The boat--"

"Forgot the paddle Austin lets go!" Jeff hurried, dragging Austin into the water.

Keeping constant attention towards the long slender shape of the Enderman in the distance, they not bobbed up and down towards the other side of the river. Jeff madly dashed for it, leaving Austin to try to catch up.

"Jeff wait up! The sun set watch out for--"

As if on cue, a potion bottle came whizzing past the back of his head and hit Jeff squarely on the back, knocking him forward slightly.

"ARGH!" Jeff screamed, falling to his knees.
"NO! THE ENDERMAN!"

The enderman, turned towards Austin with an unmistakable smirk and then vanished into thin air. Now the witch was slowly approaching with a nasty curled blade in one hand and a dark greenish potion in the other.
"Feel the burn yet little boy?" She cackled in a horrific nails-across-a-chalkboard voice.
"Now give me your soul!"

Without regard to his own safety, Austin hurled his enchanted diamond sword straight at the witch, stabbing her straight through the stomach. Jeff had made a full recovery, standing up hastily and hurling his own diamond sword at Austin.
Austin flinched, hearing a sickening slick sound of a sword sliding into flesh. He turned to see a spider with a sword sticking out of its abdomen.

"Thanks!" Austin said, pulling out the sword sticking out of the arachnid and handing it to Jeff.

Jeff smiled,
"Pb and Jeff will live on!" He said, throwing the diamond sword hilt up back to Austin.

Now it was almost pitch black, the sun set down and the sounds of incoming zombies and skeletons polluted the sounds of serenity.
Jeff barely lifted his shield in time to deflect a stray arrow that flew straight at his head. Austin took no time to find the source of the arrow and slashed the skeleton across the jaw with force.

The two fought hard, but the fatigue began settling in and the mobs kept coming. The giant diamond armour began to feel heavy of Austin's shoulders and his sword arm felt sore from the swinging motions.
Jeff got hit squarely by another witch, but this time he simply wiped the blood dripping from his mouth and proceeded to hack the witch down.

"See! We're fine!" Jeff shouted at Austin, smiling.

Austin looked up in time to see a creeper behind him, glowing brightly and ready to explode.

"JEFF!!!"

(THUD SOUND FADE TO BLACK!)