Chapter 1

Y/N'S POV

Going to a new school was something I never thought I would be doing. I never wanted to do it in the first place. The thought of having to suffer being a loner and going through the stressful process of making friends never intrigued me. I was never good at meeting new people, and I didn't expect that to change any time soon. As I made my way through the front doors of the school, I got weird looks and glances, along with small, whispered conversations about me among the people lining the hallways.

My head was kept lowered as I walked to avoid all of that. With little to no struggle at all I found the office to where I had to get all of my information from. A lady smiled at me upon my entrance but I kept my face emotionless. "Hi my name is Y/N Y/LN and I need my schedule. I'm new here."

"Oh you're the new student!" She exclaimed. I had to suppress myself from rolling my eyes at her happy attitude. "I have everything you need right here and Ally should be here any minute to show you around. Have a great day!" I gave her a fake smile before making my way out of the office only to run into a body that was like half my size.

"Ahh you must be Y/N." A cheery voice ring out. I looked down into brown eyes and the girl had a large smile covering her face. What is up with everyone being so happy today. "I'm Ally, and I'll be showing you around until you get comfortable." She stuck out her hand. I looked at it before looking back into her eyes.

With a nod I shook her hand. "If you'll let me see your schedule I can show you to your first class. Did you order a locker?" Ally asked. I shook my head. I didn't want to pay ten dollars for a fucking locker. "Okay so you have English first with Thornburg." Ally mumbled as she scanned my schedule. As she did so I looked up to survey the halls to see some people giving me dirty looks. I rose an eyebrow but didn't do anything else before turning back to the small girl in front of me.

"Follow me." She smiled and grabbed my arm. I discretely tried to get out of her hold but she wouldn't budge. She actually didn't even notice but she would tighten her hold on me every so often. I sighed and just let her be. Of course my class was all the way across campus. It was in a different building that had apparently been recently built.

Ally and I walked through the building and she stopped me in front of the classroom where I saw the teacher's name. I went to thank her but she cut me off. "So here's your first period class. I will be here when it ends to show you to your next period. Enjoy your first day of school here!"

I gave her a fake smile. "Thanks Ally but I'm sure I can find my next class on my own." I tried to leave but Ally grabbed onto my arm. I sighed before turning back to face her. I honestly couldn't keep up with her happiness this early in the morning.

"It's my job to be here so I will be." Even though her words held something more angry, Ally kept the same mega-watt smile on her face. I nodded nonetheless before just heading into the classroom. I saw some people talking to an abnormally tall, bald guy. As I walked up to him, he stopped talking to the other students to address me.

"Y/N, right?" He asked. I nodded and he held out his hand for me to shake. At least he wasn't irritatingly cheery this morning. I shook his hand awkwardly. "I'm Mr. Thornburg and uh, you can pretty much pick anywhere to sit. I don't have a seating chart so hopefully the other students will move if you happen to take their spot."

With another nod I just made my way towards the back and as far in the corner as I could get away from his desk. I picked the seat and immediately took out my phone to play some games. As I saw Mr. Thornburg making his way over to me I put it away. He gave me some papers that I needed and I was glad that he didn't stop to try and have a conversation with me. "We just barely started a new semester so you're not missing much."