Chapter 8

LAUREN'S POV

Ever since our little lunch date, I hadn't been able to get Y/N out of my mind. Not to say that I hadn't been able to before, but now was a whole different level I had never experienced before. Every time I thought about the shorter girl, it never failed to bring a smile to my face. It finally came the Saturday that Y/N, her son, and I were supposed to go to the park together and I honestly felt like it couldn't take any longer than it already had. I had been waiting to spend more time with the duo even though I had seen Y/N literally yesterday. I checked my appearance in the mirror before making my way out of the house, adjusting my leather jacket. I climbed onto my motorcycle and made my way to Y/N's house where I saw the young mother and her son sitting down on the grass in the front yard.

I pulled up to the curb and turned my motorcycle off just as I noticed Ashton running over to me. He grabbed onto my leg while looking at the bike with nothing but pure amazement in his eyes. I picked the small human up and faced him towards the front of the bike so that he could look at everything. Y/N made her way over to us with a small smile on her face. She watched her son talk to himself as he played with the handlebars, the buttons, and the brakes. "He looks like a natural on a motorcycle." I commented while looking down at Ashton. Y/N giggled lightly and I swore my heart skipped a beat at the sound. I looked up at her with a smile but she didn't notice since her eyes were trained on her son. "Ashton, want to take a ride?" I asked but Y/N quickly interjected, picking up the boy off the seat before I could even blink.

"No!" She scolded, glaring at me. I held my hands up with an innocent smile as I climbed off the bike. Ashton started laughing at our interaction, not even knowing what was going on but apparently to him it was hilarious. "You're not taking my child on a motorcycle when he's only one." Y/N kept going on. I laughed at the shorter girl, looking at Ashton who had his finger in his mouth while looking between us. When he saw me laughing and looking at him, he joined in for a short while before hiding in his mother's neck. I poked his sides eliciting a giggle and soon enough he reached out to me with his arms wide open. Y/N stopped her rant to look at her son with a raised eyebrow. She looked over at me with the same look as to ask if I wanted to hold the small boy. I grasped under his arms before clutching him on my hip with a small smile. "I'll just go get his diaper bag really quick and then we can leave." Y/N spoke quietly as she turned to leave to go inside her house. It wasn't long before she returned and I followed her to the car where I strapped Ashton in his car seat.

When I finished with that I climbed into the passenger's seat while Y/N started the car. She started driving in the direction of the park. "Are you guys doing anything else today?" I asked quietly to start up a conversation. Y/N pondered the thought before shrugging her shoulders. I looked as she pursed her lips and looked over at me for a couple seconds before turning back to the road so we didn't end up in a car crash. I couldn't help the pickup in speed of my heartbeat at the sight of the smaller girl. She was completely beautiful.

"I don't think so. We might just get something to eat and go back home if you want to join us." Y/N shrugged again. I instantly lit up at her suggestion and nodded my head in an erratic manner. When I realized I was too excited, I cleared my throat and tried to act more calm about it. As I looked out the window to my right, I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. I heard the Y/E/C eyed girl scoff from beside me which caught my attention. I rose my eyebrow at her but before she said anything, we finally arrived at the park so Y/N turned off the car and got out to get her son.

"What's so funny?" I asked as I got out as well, making my way over to the two. Y/N got Ashton out from his car seat before letting him on the ground where she grabbed his hand so he wouldn't run off. As she grabbed the diaper bag, I reached over to steal it from her grasp before slinging it over my shoulder. Y/N looked at me before sighing and heading off towards the playground after closing the door and locking the car. As we walked and the shorter girl still hadn't answered my question, I reiterated it so I could find out what she thought was so funny. "What were you laughing at?"