Chapter 6

LAUREN'S POV

Y/N hadn't come to school the next day which actually made me quite sad. I figured she stayed home to take care of her son so I was already planning on going there after school. My classes went by incredibly slow and by the time I knew it, it was only lunch. I groaned to myself and made my way towards the normal spot where Camila and everyone else were already seated. I sat down next to my best friend before pulling out a cigarette to light. I let the cancerous poison enter my lungs when I immediately felt my body start to relax.

I blew out the smoke from my mouth and watched the cloud until it dispersed into the air. "Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you after school." Camila bumped my shoulder with hers as she took a swig from her flask. Immediately a smile made its way onto my face at the thought of what I discovered yesterday. I took a few seconds to collect myself before I turned back to my beat friend who had a raised eyebrow pointed in my direction.

"I went to Y/N's house right after school." I took another drag from my cigarette before blowing the smoke out. Camila's mouth turned into a smirk as her eyebrow dropped back down to accommodate her narrowed eyes. I rolled my own eyes but the smile stayed on my face. I took a couple more drags from the cigarette before I dropped it on the ground below me and stepped on it to put it out. "I'm going there again after school so I won't be able to hang out again."

"That girl is changing you Lauren." Camila paused to take another drink. "I don't know if that's good or bad but anyone can see it. I just want you to know that if you're happy, I'm happy." She patted my back a couple times with a smile. I chuckled lightheartedly at her words but I couldn't be more thankful for the smaller Cuban. It was quiet between us as I tried to gather my thoughts. Camila knew what I was trying to do as well so she stayed quiet to let me finish. I opened my mouth and closed it a couple times until I finally came to a conclusion.

"I don't know what it is about that girl." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. My heart fluttered at the thought of her but I tried to push that feeling away. "I just want to be around her all of the time. She's really done nothing to change me, she just makes me want to change for her. I can't let Dinah get to her before me for her sake. I'm trying to get her to trust me so that she doesn't fall for Dinah. I can't let that bitch take advantage of Y/N like that." Immediately my mind went to her son which certainly wouldn't be expected if Dinah were to continue playing her game. I didn't want the other girl to be around that little boy, I only wanted myself to be around both him and Y/N.

I just wanted them for myself. "Well in my opinion I think it's good that you're willing to just stick to one girl for once. Unless you've hooked up with someone and didn't tell me." Camila rose her eyebrow again. I was quick to shake my head with a scoff. "Either way she'd be stupid to not give you a chance." She smiled. I sighed quietly to myself.

"It's not like we're going to be dating Mila. We're just friends for now so that I could get Dinah off her back. Plus she made it really clear she didn't want anything to do with me." I rubbed my forearm. I was thankful when Camila changed the subject so we didn't have to talk about that anymore. Of course I wanted to be with Y/N because she was beautiful and all that but I knew she didn't want to even entertain the idea. I didn't want to make anything harder for her so I knew I had to keep my distance all while making sure that no one caused her anymore trouble. Soon enough the bell rang to end lunch and I returned to my classes, leaving Camila outside since she usually ditched this period.

Class went by faster than this morning but it still felt like it took forever before I was able to head over to Y/N's house. I rushed over there as fast as I could and practically ran up to the front door. I knocked several times and was met with Y/N's mother. I smiled. "Hey, is Y/N here?" I asked already knowing the answer. Her mother smiled and opened the door wider for me to step inside the house. I stopped just right inside the hallway and waited until Y/N's mother closed the door.