Chapter 16

LAUREN'S POV

I pulled my motorcycle up to the curb and out of the way so that Y/N's mom was still able to leave for work. I didn't know what she did for a living, but I was actually really grateful that she was so flexible in helping Y/N with Ashton; plus I was really grateful for her for making such a wonderful person that I know felt like I wanted to spend my life with. I had never thought about settling down before because it was never something I had wanted to do. The thought of investing your all into someone and giving them so much power over you wasn't an idea that appealed to me; not one bit. I didn't see myself coming home to a family of my own but something about Y/N and Ashton forced me to envision the fact that I actually wanted to care for them as a wife and a son, not just a setback and a quick fuck. I wanted a future with Y/N and the notion still scared the shit out of me but it was something I could actually see myself doing for once; actually settling down with one girl and entertaining the idea of a family.

I was knocked out of my daze by Y/N who waved her hand in front of my eyes. I realized she had already climbed off the bike and taken off her helmet whereas I was still sat on the bike that was still on and had my helmet fully fastened. I quickly turned the bike off and stepped off, taking my helmet off in the process. "Where did you go? I was trying to get your attention for a while." The shorter girl tilted her head to the side to mimic that of a little puppy in confusion. The sight sent flutters throughout my heart at the cuteness and I couldn't the smile from covering my face. Gross, I was going completely soft for the girl. I didn't exactly mind one bit as Y/N grabbed my hand and led us to the front door of her house, still looking back as she awaited my answer. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders at the same time, lost at what I was even doing myself so that made two of us.

"I was just thinking about how great you are." I stated softly as the two of us had arrived at the door. Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, but I saw the tint of red covering her cheeks right before she managed to turn away from my gaze in order to open the door. The house was quiet with the only sound playing from the TV that was at a quietened volume so as not to wake the one year old most likely taking his nap upstairs. In my short amount of time with Y/N, I was beginning to pick up on the routine the three had concocted to address the small toddler and to make it easier on all of them. Y/N's mother was sitting on the couch, watching the latest episode of Judge Judy which I could actually get down to because it was such a great show. I chuckled to myself as Y/N greeted her mother.

"Hi mom. Lauren followed me home again." The shorter girl played annoyed as she rolled her eyes again after gaining her mom's attention. I scoffed at the joke and rolled my eyes as well once I knew she was looking back at me. "How rude! You follow me home from school only to get all sassy with me?" Y/N placed a hand over her heart to fein hurt but the smile on her face continued to send my feelings on overdrive. She was just so damn cute. Her infectious laugh sounded throughout my ears while her mother joined in her laughter at our antics. I loved the bond that the two had concerning everything they've gone through together. I was sure that if I had to take care of a child on my own, my mom would no doubt kick my ass. Not to say she wouldn't help me in the end, but she would make sure I knew where I fucked up in getting a girl pregnant, especially at this age.

"Hi, Y/M/N." I greeted once Y/N was done playing her hurtful act like she was blaming me or something. The older woman greeted me back before I followed Y/N up to her room where she threw her backpack in the corner of the room before slouching onto the bed. I chuckled to myself and set my bag by the door where I then copied Y/N in laying down on the bed. I maneuvered myself until I was in a lower position than Y/N was so that I could lay my head on her stomach. I closed my eyes with a hum once I felt her fingers begin running through my hair. "That feels nice." A dopey smile made its way onto my face even though I couldn't see myself. Y/N's stomach vibrated with laughter as her sweet giggle sounded throughout my ears. "Stop laughing at me." I internally rolled my eyes only because Y/N wouldn't be able to see the actual act. The last sentence only made her laugh harder.