Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

Just as I had expected, Ashton woke up around five thirty in the morning. I had to get him and quiet him down so we wouldn't wake up my mom. I tiredly got up from my bed and made my way across the hall into Ashton's room to get him. "Mama!" He immediately stopped crying and held out his arms for me to pick him up.

"Good morning, my boy." I smiled. He could always pick up my mood no matter what. After changing my son's diaper and clothes, I brought him downstairs with me into the kitchen for breakfast. I whipped up some breakfast for us and my mom, but it was just some scrambled eggs and bacon with some toast. I cut up Ash's food in tiny pieces before giving him his breakfast on a small baby plate.

As he dug in, I got a sippy- cup and filled it with some milk before giving that to my son too. When he was all taken care of I got my own plate and cup of orange juice before sitting down in the chair next to Ash. All this kid ever did was talk so it wasn't a surprise when he spent the whole time babbling and making weird noises. I knew Ash was done when he threw his cup on the floor, so I cleaned him up and let him run around after turning the TV on for him. I went back to eating my breakfast in what I hoped could've been peace.

But of course having a one year old, that didn't last. When I was almost done I heard Ash start crying loudly so I had to run into the living room to see him on the ground. I picked him up but he kept on crying letting me know that he had managed to hurt himself somehow. I held him in my arms as I cleaned up our breakfast so he could calm down. Soon enough my mom had woken up and she came down the stairs, kissing Ash on the cheek. "Good morning." I greeted.

"Morning honey, when do you have to leave for school?" My mom asked. I looked at the clock just as Ash started patting my cheeks. I held his arms down so I could see before just allowing him go do it. I had about an hour until school started so I told my mom that I'd leave in about half an hour. She nodded and went back to preparing her breakfast as I took Ash into the living room once again so we could watch TV next to one another.

Ash had gotten a toy before coming back to sit next to me on the couch. While he was playing with it, I pretended to take it while saying 'mine' just to mess with him. He giggled loudly as we wrestled for the toy and squealed when I had gotten it, only to give it right back to him. "Mama!" He laughed. We played for a little while longer until I had to go get ready. On my way back up the stairs I made sure the baby gate was up so Ashton couldn't hurt himself. The kid didn't even notice I had left. I smiled to myself and continued walking upstairs.

Once I got there I looked throughout my closet to find something presentable. I ended up somewhat not caring so I picked out a hoodie and some ripped jeans. I looked for my matching Jordan's and slipped them on before making sure I had all my shit. I threw my phone in the pocket of the hoodie before placing my wallet and keys in my back pocket. I brushed my teeth once more, looking in the mirror to see if I looked alright. When I was satisfied I sprayed myself with some body spray so I smelled good before I walked back downstairs.