Chapter 9

Y/N'S POV

I slowly stood up from my bed and made my way to the door, pressing my ear against the wood to see if I was able to decipher who the hell was with my son. After a couple seconds I couldn't take it any longer so I opened the door quietly and went to stand in front of Ashton's room. I could still hear his giggling and mumbling as if he was trying to talk. I opened the door to his room to see someone holding him up in the air, his arms open. At the sound of the door opening, the person turned to look and I mentally cursed once bloodshot emerald eyes met my gaze. "Lauren what the fuck are you doing here?" I yelled in a hushed whisper as I went to take Ashton from her arms. Lauren turned away with a pout on her face, keeping her hold on Ash.

"No." She whined. "I want to hold him. I missed him." Lauren placed a sloppy kiss on Ash's cheek causing him to smile and squeal happily. I rubbed my forehead in frustration before placing my hands under Ashton's armpits so that Lauren wouldn't be able to hold onto the kid. I took him from Lauren's hold which made Ashton stop laughing. He looked between us in confusion as I easily dodged Lauren when she tried to take him back. "Give him back."

"Lauren you're fucking high right now, get the fuck out of my house!" I hissed so that I wouldn't wake up my mother. When she kept trying to step forward to take Ashton out of my arms, I resorted to pushing her back. Lauren seemed emotionally hurt by my actions to the point where a frown formed on her face to showcase her hurt expression. Ashton looked between us and started to whine, clutching onto me. "Lauren you better get out before I call the cops on your ass." I threatened. Ashton started to cry which caught both of our attention. Lauren came to take him again and she managed to grab under his arms. I pulled him away out of her grasp before she could grab him. I was surprised when Ashton actually reached out to her, calling her name.

"Yo-yo." He cried. I cursed to myself before going to set him in his crib. When Lauren followed behind me, I pushed her away once Ashton was in his crib. I pushed the stoned girl out of the room and down the stairs where she stumbled and cursed. I could still hear Ashton crying but I had to worry about getting Lauren out of the house. I was surprised my mom hadn't woke up yet, but she was a really heavy sleeper either way. When we got to the front door, I pushed Lauren out of the house and closed the door behind us as I stepped outside with her.

"Lauren what the fuck were you thinking coming in here fucked up out of your mind, knowing how I feel about it?" I let my anger come out at her stupidity. The emerald eyed girl just stared at me with a frown on her face. "You know what, I don't have time for this. If you're not gone by the time I get back up to my room, I'm going to call the cops." I sighed and turned to head back into the house. Before I could open the door, I felt myself being pushed up against the wood with my back on the door. I gasped once I felt Lauren's lips on my own, the smell and taste of alcohol and weed present on her lips and in her breath. The kiss was sloppy and rushed but before I could think about anything, Lauren pulled away while breathing heavily.

"Please don't." She whispered. "Y/N I don't know what I was thinking okay? I just know I messed up real bad. Real fucking bad. But I can't lose you, Y/N. You mean so much to me and I know I keep fucking shit up but I just want to look out for you and for Ashton. I'm sorry I showed up here like this but I couldn't help it. I can't cope with the thought that I might lose you. I'll do anything to make sure that doesn't happen so please, don't call the cops. I have to fix this. I can't lose the one girl I've ever had feelings for." I could see tears starting to build up in her dark forest-y colored eyes. "I know what I said earlier was fucked up but I didn't mean it that way at all. I'm just trying to look out for you so nothing happens. That was the way I figured I would lose you but by saying that, I'm losing you anyways. I don't want anything bad happening to you again because that would break my heart. I was doing my best to protect you and your son but I need help, please don't give up on me."