3

Waiting for the arrival of my food, I decided to disconnect myself from those wires and instruments. That stung a bit and the beeping went faster for a few seconds but then it stopped.

I shove the blanket aside and stand up. Keeping the balance is hard since I have to get used to it again but after a few minutes of just standing there and holding onto the side of the bed, it got better. Being able to concentrate on other things than balance, I see another door that I must have missed when I looked around the room when I woke up. Curiosity takes over and I walk towards it, always staying close to those perfectly white and even walls in case my weak legs decide to give up.

On my way there I switch between focusing on my legs and the door. Doing so I see that I am rather tall and skinny, nice feet and hands, my skin is of the colour of light healthy wood with a hint of soft pink in the joint areas. Nothing but a baggy dress which seems to be made out of washed out mint green paper protects my body from other eyes.
I am not able to see my hair so it must be either short or braided. I take my right hand off the walls and risk loss of balance just to feel the back of my head. My hair seems to be long and braided. It feels soft and perfect in a way that cannot be described with known words. I take the braid to the front to see which colour it is. White. Almost the same white as the walls but it seems to have a peculiar cold darkness to it. Not in an eery way, it's just there.

Having reached the door I lift my nearly powerless hands to reach for a doorknob just to realize there is no such thing. Instead of a doorknob, there is a circular small half-reflecting surface which seems to have glowing patterns. The smallest circle is placed in the middle and the nearer to the outside of the surface the circles are the bigger they become. They are glowing in a weak orange hue.

I move my hand towards it, mesmerized by the look of this thing.

As my whole palm softly touches the surface the hue becomes stronger. Suddenly, the door slides to the right and I am able to see whats behind it.

The bathroom is quite small and basic. Everything is extremely clean and the strong scent of bleach and disinfectant fills the air.
There is a shower with a few towels, a toilet, a sink and a mirror that fills in the whole wall on the right side of the door.

I take a deep breath, close my eyes and step in front of the mirror.

As I open my eyes I see a strange girl looking at me.

Following a weird impulse, I step forward and touch the surface of the mirror glass just to make sure that this is really me and not someone else.

I look relatively young, around the age of 16 I would estimate.
Intuitively, I take another step forward until my face almost touches the surface of the glass. Being able to see myself in whole detail, I examine my features. The pair of almost glowing cornflower blue eyes with tiny silvery dots look back at me with childlike curiosity. The shape of my face is something between heart- and oval-shaped, my lips are the same colour as my skin except the fact that the pink is not just a hint but the more dominant colour. I turn my face into different angles and try out various expressions.

What catches my attention is a light silvery coloured star behind my small right ear and an ancient looking choker necklace made of velvet around my neck. It matches the colour of my eyes and white marble has been worked into a nice oval frame made of silver which is placed in the middle of the necklace. The velvet is so soft that if I would not be seeing it I would not believe it was there because I can not feel it at all.

After staring at myself for over 10 minutes, I am still not able to entirely grasp the fact this girl in front of me is really me. It causes me to feel sort of disconnected from my body.

Why am I so new to myself?

I undress and step into the shower.
The water is burning hot but that doesn't bother me.
From that moment on I know that I love showering.
Finishing my shower, I take a towel, rub my hair nearly dry, wrap myself in it and head back into the room I woke up in.

Somebody, probably Sally, placed some underwear, black jeans and a blue hoodie on my bed.
A tray with a plate and a cup was placed on the nightstand, waiting for its fate.

I dress and begin to eat what looks like broccoli and cheese sauce and quench my thirst with water.