I stare at where the ceiling could be seen if the lights were switched on. My eyes are widened because my instincts kick in and I try to make out silhouettes of anything that could mean harm. My Body is filled with the shock and it makes me feel as paralysed as if poison was running through my veins.
I wouldn't dare to close my eyes, I know that if I did so those cold grey eyes would stare right through me again.

After a while, I realise that I am still holding my breath and I gasp for air like a stranded fish.
The devices around me are beeping fast and as my breath calms down, the beeping returns to its original rhythm.

There are hurried steps in the corridor and a few seconds later Sally throws the door open, switches the lights on and runs towards me.
Hastily, she checks the devices, gives me a glass of water and then sits down at the end of my bed.

"Is everything alright? A bad dream again?", she asks while steadying her voice.

Was it just a dream? Or... No that can't be, can't it? Maybeee...maybe it was a memory...

"Yeah, it was just a bad dream, Sally. Thanks for the glass of water"

She gives me one of her warm smiles and takes my hand in hers.
"Everything is going to be alright. We're searching for a way to get your memories back and we're also looking for other family members of yours."
Then she squeezes my hand and leaves the room.

Something about her is very fishy... Could it really be a coincidence that she mentioned 'racoon'  and the crossing yesterday and now I had a hyperrealistic dream containing exactly those two things? Could it be that Sally said it on purpose? Why and how does she know? Did she try to trigger my brain to release blocked memories?  Why would they try to get my memories back?

It's still very early in the morning, maybe around 4 AM, but instead of sleeping I look around the room again. As my gaze stops at the sight of the still fresh cornflowers, I remember the terrified blue eyes in my dream.
My eyes.

But the girl with those eyes looked completely different from me.
How can it be that this poor little girl has the same eyes as me? She probably is my sister... But then thinking about it again, I dreamt in her perspective of view so it really must have been me.

I decide that taking a shower and washing away the shock and sweat would be a good idea.