six

I wake up to a phone ringing. I run downstairs and answer it.

"Hello Dawn. This is the Los Angeles Hospital Center. Your mother has been in a severe car accident. We suggest you come and take a visit."

By now I'm shaking.

"Ok is she alright?? Is she going to survive?"

I had tears rolling down my cheek and just hung up.

I call Jake. He answers within seconds.

"Hi Dawn! What's -"

I cut him off.

"Jake you need to come to the LA Hospital Center right now!!" I said in tears.

"What? Are you okay??" He says, surprised.

"Jake I'm fine. It's my mom."

"Oh ok. I'm on my way now." Jake says.

I drive to the hospital crying.

I run into my mom's room where I find her laying in the bed with an oxygen pump next to her side and bruises and marks all over her face.

"Mom! Wake up! Mom!!" I cry.

"Honey, I'm afraid your mom has passed away." said the nurse. I could tell she felt bad.

That's when I just started sobbing like crazy and hugging my mom. She's not dead. She can't be!!

I hear footsteps down the hallway and see Jake standing in the doorway, distressed. I run up and hug him and cry over his shoulder. His shirt is getting soaked by my tears and at this point neither of us care.

"Dawn I'm so so sorry. I'll do anything you need right now." Said Jake.

"Jakey she's dead. My mom is dead." I say with tears.

"Dawn it'll be okay. I know exactly how you feel. When my grandma died I was the same exact way."

I just cried more.

Jake's POV:

I hated seeing her like this. It made me sad to see her sad.

I rubbed her back, making an attempt to calm her down. It worked and she just hugged me tighter.

Well, her mom is dead so we can't really do much at this point. The nurses do what they need to do.

She pulls away from my arms and the nurse talks to her. She nods and wipes a tear from her face.

She whispers "I love you mom" and we intertwine hands and leave the hospital.

She couldn't come in my car because we took separate cars.

We both drive home.

Dawn's POV:

My mom is dead. I hate myself for not being there earlier. I start crying again and just lay on my bed.

I hear footsteps and Addie comes in.

"So.. I heard about your mom. I'm so sorry Dawn."

She walks over to me and hugs me. I hug back. She then leaves the room.

Right now I just really want Jake. I know he cares about me so I text him.

Dawn: Jake can you come over?
Jake: Yeah. I'll be there in 10

I toss my phone on my bed and change into something comfier. I put on a tank top, sweatpants, and throw my hair in a bun, along with some fuzzy socks.

DING DONG
Jake's here.

"Come in!" I yell downstairs.

I hear Jake open the door and run upstairs. I notice he has a box of pizza with olive toppings and a teddy bear. God I love him.

"I'm here." he says.

"Jake, I know this might be weird, but can you climb into bed with me?" I say.

"Yes of course."

He climbs into bed. I grab my laptop and get onto Netflix.

"Thanks for bringing me this" I say as I take a bite of the pizza.

"You're welcome." he says and smiles.

The teddy bear is between us. I move it to the side of me and I scooch in and cuddle up against him. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head against his chest. He's so warm. He makes me feel so good.

He reaches over to kiss me on the forehead and says goodnight. We eventually fall asleep together watching Netflix and cuddling. I'm so glad he's in my life.