nineteen

i wake up in a white room. then i move my head to the right. ow. i must have hit my head or something.

and then i see a blonde boy, with tears streaming down his face. and he also has some blood on his hands, and he's wearing a shirt that says team 10.

jake.

i notice that the whole team 10 is in the room. i see doctors frantically rushing down the hallways, obviously irritated by the amount of people crowded around my small room.

"jake?" i ask, my own voice pounding my head.

his head jolts up and he sadly smiles, rushing over to me.

"dawn oh my god i'm so sorry for hurting you. i swear i didn't even see you there i was just so mad at myself and was trying to let my emotions out by punching the wall. please forgive me. i'm so sorry." he says.

"jake. i know it was an accident. i forgive you for hurting me, i knew you would never hurt me on purpose." i smile. "but damn, what the fuck is wrong with my head!" i ask.

he laughs. "i don't know actually, but the doctors should be in here with info any minute now." he responds. i nod my head, and surely he was right, a doctor walks in with a clipboard. we both give our attention to him.

"dawn caden, correct?" he asks. i nod my head. "so, it seems as if you've got a concussion. it isn't very severe, but you're going to need to stay in bed with ice on your head for a couple of days in order for it to heal fast and well. we're going to send you home with some painkillers, just in case your head starts hurting bad at points. just make sure your boyfriend here takes good care of you." he says to us.

"oh," i laugh. "he isn't my boyfriend."

"we'll see about that." jake responds, squeezing my hand reassuringly and smiling.

i smile at his remark.

-

2 hours later at the team 10 house

i'm currently laying in my bed in my room, watching netflix. jake's on the couch, kind of acting as a nurse if anything happens. but he's keeping his distance, because we aren't dating.

"jake?" i ask.

"yeah?" he responds, turning his head towards my direction.

"can you come lay with me?" i ask.

his face lights up in a second, and before i can even blink, he's getting under the covers.

he wraps his muscular arms around me, and i rest my head on his chest. he happily sighs.

"you don't know how much i've missed this." jake says, looking into my eyes.

"me either." i say.

"dawn, w-will you be my girlfriend again?" he hesitantly asks.

"yes of course jake." i respond.

"god i love you so much dawn." he says, intertwining our fingers, the sound of the tv playing in the background.

"i love you so much too, jake." i say, looking into his eyes.

then we both lean in. in a matter of seconds, his soft plump lips meet with mine. the kiss was passionate, long awaited. almost aggressive, like we were craving each other's touch for so long.

nothing can stop us now.