fifteen

(a/n: just pretend they went out and bought dawn a bed. and also, thanks for 1k reads!!)

-

dawn's pov

i wake up in my bed and decide what to do today. i'm going to go out with an old friend to give jake "space". and that old friend is my bestie from high school named blake. we never dated, although i think blake liked me as a crush. but i didn't see him in that way. we haven't really been in touch since the end of college, but we text and face time every once in a while.

minutes after i text him, he responds back and says he lives in LA now, too. which is great. he wants me to meet him at starbucks at 1:30.

it's 1:00, i guess i slept super late. i get dressed and walk downstairs. imma walk there since it's pretty close.

"hey babe, where ya going?" i hear jake ask.

"out." i say. and with that, i walk to starbucks without looking behind me once.

-

"oh my god blake! it's so nice to see you!" i say, reaching in for a hug.

"you too! wow i haven't seen you in forever. you look great." he says.

i blush a little at his compliment and thank him. then we walk inside and order our drinks. i get an iced chai tea latte and he just gets a coffee.

(a/n: oml i'm trying to make him seem straight but honestly he seems so gay right now. i promise you he's straight. lmao)

"so what's been going on in life for you?" blake asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

"well, i now live in a nice house with a group called team 10, and i'm dating the founder named jake paul." i explain. i see his face drop when i tell him i have a boyfriend, but he quickly covers it up. "but it's kind of complicated, because i overheard a conversation with his friend saying how i was clingy, and i needed to 'hop off his dick' and he'd much rather date someone like tessa, which is another girl in team 10. i would explain more but it's honestly a long story." i explain.

"wow, i don't mean to like mess with your relationship or anything, but i think you two should take a break to see if you're really good for each other." he suggests.

"i don't know. i mean we really care for each other and he treats me like a princess but i never knew he thought of me like that. it's just a lot to take in, with everything going on right now." i say and sigh, realizing the choices i may have to make in the future.

"it's great that he treats you like a princess, but if behind closed doors, he speaks about you like that, then i don't know. but i'm not making any decisions for you nor am i pushing you in any directions. i'm just giving my opinion and advice that may help." blake explains.

"yeah i understand. thanks so much, i really needed this get together. hopefully we can hang out soon. it was awesome seeing you again." i say, getting up from my seat.

"yeah, maybe i'll see you again sometime. bye!" he says, also standing up from his seats.

i wave him bye and start walking towards home. jake is probably going to be throwing a bunch of questions at me, wondering where i've been or who i'm with. ugh i never knew joining team 10 would be so overwhelming.

-

"where have you been? it's been almost 3 whole hours! i was getting worried about you!" jake yells.

"i was out with an old friend. sorry dad." i say, rolling my eyes and walking upstairs.

"look babe i'm sorry if i sounded rude. i was just getting worried because you left without saying anything." jake explains, sighing.

i just respond with a simple "ok" and head upstairs.

time skip to when she goes to bed

honestly, i just want to be in jake's arms right now, cuddling and smelling the scent of his cologne. but i know that it can't be that way, for now. we're going to have to work things out.

but for now, i think we may need a... break?