4.

After that night something changed with us. Every time he walked in a room I would get butterflies. My mom called me and said they would be back for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but then they are leaving for Paris for two weeks. It was a day before Christmas Eve and I was pretty exited.

"Hey princess, whatcha doin'?" Nathan asked as he came into my room.
"Eating.. why?"
"Just wondering what you wanted for Christmas?"
"Really, what are you doing in here"
"Ok you caught me, I wanted to get you something for Christmas"
"I want a dog"
"Ok so something reasonable"
"That's what I want now get out"
"Fine, fine... why you so salty?"
"Out!"
"K bye"
I was Christmas shopping for him online and I didn't want anything to be ruined. I went to target and bought him a photo album. I filled it with pictures of us since the day we met. After, I quickly ran to Kroger to get him a twelve pack of ramen noodles.

I was back home wrapping presents in my room for my family and Nathan. I noticed o had left my phone down stairs. I hopped up and ran down stairs and grabbed it off the counter. I was walking out when I heard a deep voice that stopped me.

"Who is Jake?"
"Why?" I ask turning around seeing Nathan with his head in the fridge.
"Because I saw the things he said to you, who is he too you? Why did he say that stuff?"
"Nathan...he's my ex, he moved to California. We don't talk to each other anymore. I promise."
" sure" he walked out without another word. I slowly felt my heart breaking. Why does he think I still take to Jake? Why was he in my phone? Why doesn't he believe me? A bunch if things ran through my head as a backed up against the wall. I slowly slid down staring at the wall. I felt hot tears run down my cheeks, I sat there for what felt like forever. It was a day before Christmas Eve and I just had my heart broken. I dried my tears and walked upstairs to go to my room.

I look at myself in the mirror in the hall as a walked to my room. My eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks were stained with tears. I was in a daze, in my own little broken world. I look in front of me seeing Nathan's eyes red and puffy from crying. He looked like he was about to say something but before he could I looked at my feet and walked into my room, hearing Nathan's footsteps walk pass my door.

Crying as much as I just had reminded me of my childhood and through most of high school. I was bullied. Badly. I had two friends that I found out where fake when I got into eighth grade. I was bullied since second grade. The same person did it over and over again. Words. Rumors. Lies. People. I would come home and cry. Just cry. At night I couldn't sleep, so I cried myself to sleep. Every night. The only person that was with me through it all was Hannah. She had problems of her own and understood what I was going through. I lived two hours away from her. So we didn't get to talk to each other very often. We finally both got phones. We would call each other every night and tell each other how our day was. She was a year older than me but that didn't change our friendship. Her family was my family and my family was her family. When I became a junior she began to disappear. We stared talking less, and she again to hang out with other people. She was the only person that understood me. We both have depression, anxiety, and countless other things. We both prayed every night. It started to help. I had light depression by the end of eighth grade. But then I found out the same person that was bullying me was going to the same high school as me. After half a year I became numb. I had no feeling no worries, nothing, I was numb. Being hurt so much numbed me. Hannah began to come back to her old self. She moved to the same street as me! Even with her I was still lonely. Then Nathan moved in with me. I wasn't lonely anymore and I was beginning to become happier. The thought of him brought me back to what happened in the kitchen.

I cried harder and slipped back into my own world.

I heard a light knock on my door. I slowly get up and open the door. Nathan stood staring at me with with the same puffy rhymes and stained cheeks I had. I stared at me for a second before he swept me up into a hug.
"Riley I'm so sorry! I was just jealous of him! You're the best thing in my life!"
*silence*
"Riley?"
I wasn't able to answer. I couldn't, I tried but nothing came out. I suddenly felt the room spin. I blacked out. I heard a faint voice.
"Hold on Riley, just stay with me"
I heard the sound a siren, and felt strong arms grip me. The siren became louder and louder until I didn't hear anything. What's happening? Am I dead?

My eyes fluttered open hearing an unfamiliar voice.
"She blacked out because she hasn't eaten in a few days." I slowly turn my head and see Nathan talking to a doctor." She will be her until tomorrow." The doctor said softly before turning to me.

Nathan's eyes widen. The doctor gives me a smile before she walked out of the room.

"Riley.... I'm so sorry" his voice was scratchy. I smiled softly before I fell back asleep.

*noon a day after*

I walked to the front door feeling a lit better. Nathan and I forgave each other. I grabbed chips and got into comfy clothes and plopped down on the couch. I watched a few Disney moves before I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short sad chapter. I'm running out of sweet ideas please comment! Do me a favor and press the star at the bottom of your screen!
Bye,
Emily