Chapter Six

After the fight with Tony, Steve, and Bruce, all three of the techs sat around still doing their work. Even with three people now, it was taking for what seemed like forever.

The only sounds that could be heard in the room were the sounds of computers, and the breathing of the three, and Elizabeths boredom kept increasing as the more she read, and more she dismissed. At this rate, she was probably going to grow crazy by the next morning.

It wasn't until later that Fury walked in,  causing everyone's heads to turn, but he bypassed the other two and walked straight to Elizabeth, causing her gut to sink.

"Miss. Tolen," he nodded. "I hope you are making progress with finding the tesseract, and adapting well to our programs."

"Yeah. It's way better than the stuff I worked with." 

"Well, we do pride ourselves on that."

Elizabeth looked him over, still thinking about the points Tony and Bruce had brought up. Why were they doing this? Without knowing what was really going on she supposed it might be best to be wary. "Did you just come here to talk about your technology, Director?"

"No, I didn't. Elizabeth, will you go talk to Loki?"

Elizabeth turned fully around now, spluttering over her words. "Wait, what? Me? Talking to Loki?"

"We're going to send in Natasha soon, and I want you to make sure that he will spill information to her."

"How-" but she stopped, realization dawning on her face. Fury wanted her to use it. Of course, she knew it, she knew it would come. She thought they had enough pride to not do it so soon but. "No. Fury I am not doing it."

At this point, Bruce and Tony had stopped doing their work and was looking over at them. "Elizabeth, for the sake of making everything easier, will you just comply?"

"No-"

"It could lead to him spilling vital information," he literally guilt tripped her.

She sat there, silent. "Just this once," her voice wavered. If she had to do it, at least it was on Loki, he wasn't innocent. "I will not be doing it again."

"Glad you saw it our way," he smiled. "Follow me."

"Don't destroy anything when I'm gone," Elizabeth called the guys as she walked out after Fury. At the rate she saw things increasing, there was a part of seriousness in her statement. In response she just got a nod, and then a thumbs up.

Elizabeth overcame with nerves as she walked through the helicarrier. She was actually going to go talk to a God, holy crap, she was going to go talk to Loki. She hadn't even used her "powers" in forever. How could she be sure they would work on him? There was too much involved, and she felt herself possibly overthinking, which was the last thing she needed to be doing.

When she walked into the room, Loki was standing in the large glass cage, it made him look so small. Then again, it was meant for Bruce, or rather the Hulk, she should suppose.

"Oh, I get to meet someone new!" Loki cheered turning to her.

"Hey! So you're the infamous Loki, the man of the hour," she spoke as she walked forward. "I guess I can say it's interesting to be finally meeting you."

"You could say that," he smirked while still looking at her. "So why are you here? Why did Fury send me a friend?"

"Not a friend," Elizabeth shook her head. "Just here to talk, wouldn't you like that? A nice conversation?"