Chapter Ten

Elizabeth rolled over and wheezed at the pain on her ribs and lower back. When she crashed threw the window, her back had hit something hard and then she landed on her stomach. From the corner of her eye she could spot Natasha, and Bruce, both looked in a great deal of pain.

Natasha's leg was pinned under something that had broke, and Bruce was just rolled over as he looked like he was changing slowly, his body curling.

"Doctor," Natasha struggled out. "This is just what Loki wants."

Elizabeth shook her head as she look at Natasha, "I'll buy you time."

Natasha gave her a calculated look as Elizabeth moved, practically crawling her way next to Bruce. "You got to fight it. We're going to be okay." Elizabeth tried, pleading for him to not change. She knew if he turned he wasn't going to forgive himself, and she didn't want him closing off again. Bruce got to his knees, his back arching in an obviously uncomfortable way. "You'll be okay Bruce. I swear on my life."

"Your life?" he snapped, his voice changing.

His body snapped up as he shirt ripped open, his skin turned green, and he grew larger. He rolled away as the change continued, and horrified Natasha struggled faster, and Elizabeth slowly stood looking between the two seeing that Natasha was almost free. Almost a few more seconds left.

"Bruce," she took a step forward.

He turned, giving her one last look of utter pain before roaring, and the change was complete.

"Agent Romanoff, go!" she screamed at the now free girl, who didn't need to be told twice as she took off running.

Bruce- or the Hulk stood, glaring, and breathing heavily at Elizabeth. Elizabeth stood her ground to the Hulk who had moved closer. "Stand down," she spoke, her eyes glowing red as the necklace did as well.

The Hulk faltered, but then he roared again moving closer.

"I said, stand down!" she screamed at him, only to be knocked away by his hand into the wall.

She coughed and reached out to her stomach, the pain burning. "Fuck... that hurt." Even with the matter at hand she couldn't find herself to actually properly use her powers.

Of course she had to piss of the Hulk. As she got up and he was looking at her, she knew it was time to run. Despite the debris, she felt herself using the area to her advantage as she swung through the railings, able to move quickly.

And she had managed to find an escape from him and was now just running to the main room to find out what the issue was.

"Elizabeth?" Natasha's voice came through the ear piece.

"Agent Romanoff," she breathed.

"Did you escape the Hulk?"

"Yup," she popped the 'p' as she entered the main control room where a fight with Loki's men had broke out. Thankful for the debris she picked up a metal pole that was broke off from something that she had no clue as to what. "I guess I'm not just the tech anymore," she muttered to herself as she whacked one guy up the head with her pole. "That was fun."

She maneuvered through the bullets, using the pole to hit anyone, and everyone that had gotten in her way.

"Anyone hear me?" Fury's voice came over the mic.

"Director," Elizabeth said as she kicked a guy in the jaw. Self defense classes came in handy.

"Elizabeth, get to the lab, the scepter is still there. Do you think you can?"