Chapter Eleven

Elizabeth was sitting in the lab by herself writing ideas down for choreography. Honestly, where she was at right now with her stress levels, she needed something to distract her mind.

Between getting the amulet, the huge ass fight they all had, to Loki's escape, the loss of Coulson, the disappearance of two, and then the addition of another. Honestly, she needed to have a breather. 

And she hadn't realized how lonely it was to be in here by herself, really by herself. Bruce was God knows where, and Tony wasn't there either. The computers weren't even working, so it was just literally her. And if she wasn't in such a bad mood she probably would have been singing, "All By Myself".

"Suit up," Tony told her as he barged in frantically grabbing things from his side of the room.

She turned to him, "Excuse me?"

"Suit up, we're heading to New York, they're about to open the portal." and he was out of the room. 

Unsure of what to do, she grabbed the pole from earlier and walked out.Not too far from her she saw Steve, Natasha, and Agent Barton, who she had found out was Hawkeye, walking, all suited up, and she had to stand back in awe for a moment before running to them.

"Elizabeth," Steve nodded. "Interesting weapon choice."

"Oh trust me Cap, she does her job well."

He only nodded so she turned to Clint who was dressed in black, and had his bow and arrow. "I don't thing we have properly met, Agent. I'm Elizabeth."

"Clint," he nodded to her.

As they walked onto a quinjet some young pilot tried to stop them, "Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be here."

"Son," Steve already sounded fed up. "just don't." And the pilot was then scurrying away.

"So who is flying this thing anyways?" Elizabeth turned to look at the three in front of her.

"Me," both Clint and Natasha unanimously said as they went to the front leaving both Steve and Elizabeth in the back.

"So," she turned to him. The two never really had a conversation before, and it felt a little strange. She really only talked to Bruce, and obviously Tony. "I know we're going to New York, but why?"

"Loki is going to use STARK Towers to open the portal," he answered.

"You've got to be kidding me? Wow," she laughed. "He is such a diva."

"That's what Tony said too."

As they entered the city, Elizabeth was disheartened to see the fact that the portal had already been open, and the weird alien- chitauri army was on the lose.

"Stark," Natasha called through the earpiece they all had. "We're heading north east."

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" even in a time like this he managed to be over sarcastic. "Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay them out for you."

As Natasha and Clint did as Tony said, they began shooting at the chitauri with the built in guns. They had even managed to successfully take down many.

But, and there always seemed to be a but for these guys, as they approached Loki and Thor (who had returned apparently) at STARK Tower, Loki struck at the quinjet.

Within seconds, Clint had managed to control it with only just one wing, rather shakily, and Elizabeth was clinging to the roof for dear life, but they had landed nonetheless. As soon as they landed they were all bolting out, and heading to the streets.