Chapter 7

"Mija?!" I heard my mom called in frantic as soon as I stepped inside the house. Police are everywhere when I got a good view inside. Now I felt more guilty, they report it to the police that I'm missing. Oh great..

"Hey mom." I greeted her timidly. Mom ran towards me and immediately engulfed me in her bone crushing hug. For a woman like mom, she sure have hard bones.

"Where were you?!" She asked angrily but worry coated her voice. Tears were clouding her onyx colored eyes making me looked down.

"I was lost." I replied sheepishly. And by now, dad joined us and the house is completely bare of people, well except from us. Dad draped an arm around mom's shoulder while looking at me disapprovingly.

"What do you mean Myra?" He asked in his rough voice causing me to wince.

"I got lost in the woods." I curtly answered not really in the mood for the explanation. The day had been long and tiring, and all I want right now is to take a shower then sleep.

"How did you got lost?" Mom asked in concern. I sighed tiredly and looked at both of my parents with my half lidded eyes.

"Mom, it doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm already here and I want to rest. Its been one heck of a day." I told them with my pleading voice. My parents sighed in unison, wow they're both in sync. Oh shut it, Myra...

"Okay honey. You go rest now. We'll see you in the morning." Dad spoke up granting me the permission to go. I sent them a small smile before kissing them both in the cheeks and trudging towards upstairs.

"Ahh..." I sighed in relief as soon as the cold water touched bare skin. I'm completely tired, yeah, but I cant just go to sleep without having a shower. I spent half of the day in the woods, who knows what germs are there.

    I wore a black boy shorts and a gray colored baggy shirt when I finished cleaning myself. I crawled in my bed then turned off the lamp before making myself comfortable under the covers.

  I was ready to sleep in when a sudden thought popped in my mind. Why didn't he tell me his name? Thinking about the boy from before, I felt my heart beat faster and there's something that tickles in my stomach.

"Eh, I probably won't see him again. I should stop thinking about him." I concluded before closing my tired eyes and let the darkness succumb

me.

---**

   Morning came too fast for my liking. I groaned as I sat up in my tangled bed and rubbed my sleepy eyes. I trudged towards my personal bathroom and decided to take a bath to let my drowsiness fade.

"Here's your breakfast Mija." Mom said happily as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

"Where's dad, mom?" I asked once I realized he's not here.

"He went to work early honey. They have a meeting this morning." Mom informed me without wavering her gaze in the teapot.

"Oh." I mumbled under my breath.

    I was running late already when I arrived at school which I'm thankful for. Based from the polices surrounding our house last night, there's no doubt in my mind that rumors that I got lost passed down. At least, I'm not going to get bombarded by questions this morning.

"Morning." I greeted my professor as soon as I entered and disturbed the class. Mr. Wembley shot me a glare for disrupting his class but didn't said anything. I can feel the eyes of the students boring into my head bug I just ignored them.

"Hey. Are you going to the cafeteria?" Falcon asked appearing out of nowhere.

"Nah, I don't want yo answer their questions again and again." I replied with my head shaking.

"So where are you going?" He asked with something in his voice. I don't know what it is but it gives off the chills.

"A-am. I'm just going to wander around." I stuttered before walking away from him with one last hesitant smile. He didn't chase after me which I'm thankful for. I shuddered thinking back Falcon's eyes earlier. It was dimmed, dark.

"What's up with him?" I mumbled under my breath. I went out of the school and sat on the large tree just beside the school and near the parking lot. I leaned back at the tree and closed my eyes, hoping for some peaceful moments.

"Hey." a very familiar voice greeted me. I snapped my eyes opened and looked beside me meeting the eyes of the kings. What now?

"I heard about your little escapade last night." Theo said carefully. So, that's why they're here. I'm pretty tired hearing and talking about it y'know.

"Yeah, I just got lost. No big deal, I found my way home." I answered curtly. I didn't mean anything by it, bit they took it the wrong way.

"What's up with you?" Luke asked frowning.

"You've changed." Mark piped in without looking at me. I opened my mouth to say something but they cut me off.

"You're not the Myra we knew." Bryan finished it. I stood up with tears glistening in my eyes.

"I did not changed!" I exclaimed causing them to looked up in surprise. "I did not. You know I can't be seen with you. My mom would be angry!" I reminded them.

"But we're in school. Your mom wouldn't see us here." Theo reasoned out.

"You don't get it!" I shrieked and now big fat tears are rolling down in my rosy cheek.

"Then tell us!" Luke said with wide eyes.

"If my mom would know that I'm talking to you still! She'll bring me to California again!" I informed them making them silent.

"I'd rather not talk to you at least I get to see you, I don't want to go away guys." I continued while sobbing then ran away. Again. I was busy crying and making sure I know my way that I didn't noticed someone was following me.