Chapter 21

Chapter 21

               Silence fell in the lunch room as soon as I entered with the Cross princes trailing behind me. They all looked at us in curiosity and confusion. I’m almost having second thoughts about it but I dropped my face and let my blonde hair masked my face as I strolled towards the line.

“That’s Myra Celeste right?”

“What is she doing with the princes?”

“So now that the kings aren’t here, she’s hanging out with them?”

“That’s like so like unfair!”

               Real smooth girl, I thought when I heard the last conversation of the bitch blonde with her dress almost exposing her all. You know what I mean? Yeah, exactly. They’re corrupting innocent minds here!

“She’s taking advantage that the kings are not here.”

               That stung. So that’s what they are all thinking, that I’m a two faced bitch who want to be in the good side of two groups. They don’t even know what really happened.

                Earlier when Steve told me to have lunch with them, of course I refused. I don’t want the kings to get mad at me for hanging out with them. I should’ve known the student body will think badly of this. Steve persuades me and when I didn’t budge, all of them did even Kylie! They taunted me that I’m a scaredy cat, hesitation was clear in my mind but I finally agreed. Why? I don’t know! Maybe because of what they taunt me, or because I wanna get to know them more, or it could also be because of my hungry stomach growling for food but nonetheless, I decided to eat with them which of course, a big mistake.

“Don’t listen to them.” A gentle voice flooded in my ear. I gazed up only to see Steve glaring around me and I came back to my senses when I realized he’s glaring at the students making them scatter and looked away, which I’m thankful for. I don’t like attentions, I never want them but being the only close friend of the kings put me in the spotlight.

“Come on, let’s get our foods.” Carter said. Sitting on our table—the kings and I—made me wanna puke because here I am, sitting and eating in our table but not with my best friends but with the Cross, the enemy of the kings.

They might’ve sense my mood because they quickly assure me, “Don’t worry. The kings knows you’re hanging out with us.” Carter said. I looked at him surprised. What does he mean?

“What?”

“After the headmaster gave our punishment, they made us swore to look after you just until they come back.” Kylie quietly explained not meeting my eyes.

“Why would they do that anyways?” James asked. When I glanced up at him, I saw that he’s thoroughly confused. Gone now the cocky smirk and mischievous glint in his eyes, leaving a confused boy trying to find out something, I felt myself softening up. Maybe, just maybe he’s not what he’s trying to be. Maybe it’s just a disguise but one way or another I will find out, I vowed to myself.

“MYRA!” I snapped out of my daze. “What?” I asked dumbly when I suddenly remember James’ question.

“Oh! Yeah, well it’s kinda…” that’s when I enlightened them about my situation being the kings’ close friend. They seem to understand and didn’t ask any furthermore questions which I’m grateful for and just continue eating, making some snarky comment here and there but all in all, they were quite good. And much to my shock, James can be really quite decent and normal. Yes, he keeps dropping teasing remarks but he can be funny and I actually enjoyed his presence. Shocks right?

“You could’ve told me.”

“We didn’t have time!”

“Heads up for me?!”

“We made them promised to look after you.”

“Yeah, they told me.”

               I’m currently sitting cross-legged on the floor with square sized pillow in my lap with popcorn on top of it. The kings are here too, well Mark is behind me sitting comfortably on the couch stuffing his mouth with the lasagna Mom made. I swear, her cookings are to die for especially the spicy mouthwatering lasagna. I can almost hear my stomach growl but then again, I already wolfed down mine and now Mark is keep teasing me with his.

             Luke is beside me with cans of soft drinks between us, we keep arguing about them not telling me that they got suspended. I know I can’t stay mad at them because they still thought about my safety and went as far as asking for the princes to look after me but then again, a girl can try right?

Huffing, “Where’s Bryan and Theo by the way?”

“They’re on their way here. They just grabbed some foods.” Mark answered not wavering his eyes from the television screen. Shrugging, I grabbed a fistful of popcorns and shoved it down my throat.

“Woohoo!” Luke and Mark’s cheered in unison between the game of Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. Football, I thought. I tried paying attention to the game. Believe me, I really did. But somehow, I really can’t understand a thing. So instead, I just paid attention to my popcorn and blocked all the loud whooping and cheering from the boys. I can’t wait for Bryan and Theo, surely the can entertain me without football thingy.

              Hearing the doorbell, I jumped from my spot and called before Mom can “I got it!” Twisting the knob, I’m greeted by my two grinning best friends with cans of soda and curls in their arm. Stepping aside, I let them in and trail behind them towards the living room where Luke and Mark caused the commotion. As soon as Bry and Theo found out what it was, quick as lightning, they hopped in the couch and start hooting and screaming to run as fast in front of the tv.

Shaking my head, I thought I should’ve known.Boys.

A/N: What do you think people? :)

Voice out your thoughts and I'll update another chapter later ;)

~Hime