Chapter 17

Buzzing students filled the hallway, they’re all so loud. Gossips and chatters are exchanged from each of them. Everyone has their own group but there’s this one thing that has been bothering me. Though they all in their own little world, they’re talking about one thing. New students.

         My Monday morning wasn’t its finest to say the least. I woke up 10 minutes before school time, so I had to rush my bath, then I found out that we ran out of cereal! This is my worst day. And almost all of the students are chatting loudly, they’re literally buzzing in energy. How can they when it’s only morning? Not to say Monday!

“What’s with the long face?” I scowled at the person who just said that. I was internally battling with my head if I punch his face or just ignore him. Sighing, I chose the latter.

“Hey!” Luke called before grabbing my arm.

I am in no mood to play right now, all I want is to sit in my chair and let some steam out, “What?” I snapped at him, and Luke who’s clearly not expecting that backed up a little with surprise etched in his face. I immediately felt bad and offered him a small smile.

“Sorry Luke. I’m just in a bad mood.” I muttered.

“Clearly.” He mumbled. I frowned at him and turned around, continued walking but now with Luke on my side. I wonder where are the others? Oh well…

              As if on cue, Bryan, Mark and a fuming Theo caught up with us. I raised an eyebrow at them and was about to ask what happened when I heard squeals from the girls. I turned around and tried looking who it was. Looks like the kings knew who it was and they don’t seem happy about it. Who could this be? It couldn’t be them…right? OMFG. It’s them!

             Are you seriously asking who it was? Well, for those who didn’t get it…it’s the Cross princes. It’s like they’re in some movie, where they are the one who rules the school and when they passes by, girls drools and boys envies them. Steve’s in front walking coolly and ignores the looks he’s given. Not far from him is Carter, who just like Steve walks emotionlessly but you could see the amusement in his eyes. James and Kyle follows from behind, while Kyle stayed quiet James keeps smirking and winking all the girls making them all shriek.

           Goddamit! Can’t they squeal more quietly? Apparently not, as I heard them loudly. The Cross princes stopped walking when they’re in front of us. Bryan and Mark on my left then Luke and Theo on my right, as soon students saw what’s going on, harmoniously they all fell silent. You can feel the tension in the air, you can almost hear a pin drop.

For a long time—but really it’s just seconds—of faced down, Bryan spoke up first, “So, you’re the new students. Should’ve known.” He said.

Steve spared me a glance for a brief second before looking at Bryan, “Indeed we are.” He answered curtly.

“What’s with the face Theo?” James asked with an unknown emotion in his voice.

“None of your fucking business Bradley!” Theo snapped at him angrily. I know that he’s restraining himself from lunging at James. By the way his fist knuckles and his rigid position, I could really tell.

“Oooh. Aren’t we a little touchy this morning?” James taunted. This time Theo didn’t restrained himself, he was about to launch at James when he was held by Luke and Mark. Theo struggled from their grasp and by the looks of Mark and Luke they are having a hard time holding him. I didn’t care who’s watching me, all I want is for Theo to calm down.

              Ever so slowly, I walked in front of a struggling Theo and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. He flinched at my touch but I kept it there. Theo snapped his eyes at me, eyes that held dangerous in it but I didn’t care knowing the others will help me when something happen and Theo won’t do anything to harm me.

“Theo, you have to calm down.” I told him calmly but there’s an order underneath it. He didn’t picked it up though, instead he continued trashing and looking at the smirking James.

“Damn Theo! Calm the fuck down!” I screamed at his face. He halted his movements and dropped his gaze at me and breathes slowly, calming himself down which I’m thankful for. I can feel the eyes on me, but one particularly stood out. His burning gaze makes my body shiver involuntarily but I don’t know it seems in a good way. I ignored it and glanced at Byran who looks at me with a pleased expression.

“I think we have to go now before we cause a scene.” Mark spoke up.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Kyle quietly agreed.

                  With one last glance at Steve Cross, I whirled around and walked towards the school with the kings behind me. I can feel his electric blue eyes at my back and just like a real electric; it caused my body to shake again. What’s with this?

                  The students started whispering and moving again as soon as we’re far away from the Cross. And I can almost predict the new juicy gossip in school…

The clash of the kings and princes.

A/N: Chapter 17! Yahooooo!

A penny for your thoughts?

Vote & Comment babe! ;)

~Hime