Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“Favorite color?”

“Blue. You?”          

“Red.”

“Movie?”

“The Notebook!”

              Steve rolled his eyes at my answer, we’ve been playing 20 questions since we crashed in the local diner, the one my parents and I used to visit. As soon as we entered the place, sweet aroma of pancakes that screams Eat me! greeted us making my stomach—for another time around—growled when I told Steve about this, he just threw his head back and laughed loudly earning a few amused and some annoyed stares but I didn’t care. He’s cute when he’s laughing, as I told you his dimples are to die for.

“What?” I asked feigning offended.

Chuckling, “Nothing.” He answered but I know it’s about my favorite movie. Hey! Don’t judge me, it’s really good and I admit, I let few tears escaped when I was watching that.

“Whatever. So, what do you like to do in your free time?” I asked in curiosity.

“You know, curiosity kills…” He taunted but scoffed at him and urge him to answer the question. “Hang out with the guys, drive Casey around—“ He listed but I cut him off.

“Casey?” I questioned. I don’t know why but the butterflies in my stomach are back not in the good way though. I don’t like the way a girl’s name rolls out from his lips, it should only be mine. Woah. What? The hell’s happening to you?! Before I can continue my internal battle, Steve interrupted my thoughts.

He simply said two words making me burst into laughter, “My car.”

Steve gazed at me slightly offended but his smirk masked it all, when I finally pulled myself again. “Why the hell did you named your car Casey?!” He sat there shrugging nonchalantly.

“She’s my baby. My precious car.” He replied in what he call, dreamy voice but it only makes me want to laugh again but fearing he might be mad, I bit my lip and kept quiet. He glanced at me and said, “Let it out.” And with that I burst into loud guffaw.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

“But you’ve been driving for a while now.”

“Just think of it as a surprise.”

“I hate surprises.”

“Don’t most of the girls like those shitty surprises?”

“I’m not most of them.”

“Clearly.” Was his amazing answer making me roll my eyes.

                As soon as we finished our breakfast meal, Steve told me he thought of a place where we will enjoy. Shrugging, I let him lead but we’ve been driving for almost an hour now and I’m getting bored. Yes, I’m an impatient person deal with it.

“Are we there yet?”

“No.” Huffing, I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. If he’s not going to tell me where the hell are we going, I might as well sleep for a moment.

“Myra…” Someone called me while shaking my shoulders. I groaned and swatted his arms, knowing it’s Steve. Wait…Oh yeah Steve! I opened my eyes and saw him leaning towards me making our faces inches apart and it didn’t help that his lips looks so kissable. Bad Myra! Don’t think like that! And it doesn’t help the fact that he looks so innocent like what he’s doing is so normal. Yeah right.

“W-what?” Stupid! Why am I stammering, I can almost feel the heat running up to my cheeks. Steve gazed at me for a moment before leaning back and burst into fit of laughter. Blushing furiously, I smacked his head leaving him muttering profanities.

“So, where are we?” I asked looking around still inside the car. People are scattered around, smiling and laughing I noticed. Either they’re with their family, friends or just someone they love. As I swept my gaze around I noticed the big sign that I didn’t seen before. Squealing, I turned to Steve who’s looking at me amusedly before launching myself at him. Arm wrapped around his neck, hugging the daylights out of him. What can I say? He freaking drove us to the CARNIVAL!

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You know, I always want to go to a carnival but mom and dad didn’t have time so, I just spend all of my time with the kings. I’m really happy you brought me here! One check in my bucket list!” I babbled nonsense but he didn’t seem to mind, he actually looks happy.

Unbuckling his belt, I watched as he round around his car and opened my door like a gentleman. “Good to know chivalry still exists.” I giggled quietly making his smile widened. He lead me like gentleman inside the carnival with his hand on my lower back as if guiding me.

                   It’s almost dark when Steve and I realized we better get home before my parents call for a search party. We shared many laughs that my fingers can count and the rides are awesome! I really had fun today, there’s this one time I want the monkey stuff toy. What? I love monkeys. The man behind the counter told us that if we can shoot 3 cans in one throw, I’ll have it and I, of course gave it a try. Guess what? I shoot 6 cans! Yay! That means, I got two stuff toys the monkey and a dolphin which I gave to Steve the latter.

“And why are you giving me this?” Steve asked chuckling while looking at the medium sized dolphin I thrust in his hand.

“Just keep it.” I told waving him off.

“You do know that it’s supposed to be the other way around right?” He teased making me blushed but I just rolled my eyes at him and stomped for another ride.

                 I didn’t know, at first I admit I was really hesitant in ditching with him but now that he made me saw another side of Steve Cross it’s fun actually. He’s cool to be around with and I found out we only had a few things in common. What can I say?

Opposites attract.

                 Huh? Did I just say that? What is happening to you! I scolded myself internally.

“What was that?” I heard Steve asked as he opened the door for me. He didn’t wait for my answer before he got to his seat and started the car. He peeked at me sideways, must be waiting for my reply.

Shrugging, “I didn’t say anything.” I answered.

“Yes you did. Opposites attract…” He trailed off. I tensed, he heard? OMFG! It’s embarrassing but of course being me, I kept up my cool façade and shake my head nonchalantly and to my relief he dropped the subject.

                 In no time, we arrived to my house. Steve opened my door once again making me smile and walked me to our front porch.

“Thank you. It’s been a fun day.” I told him shyly.

Chuckling with his dimples in display, “Yeah it is, well, I bid you goodnight now milady.” And with one last smile, he leaned forward and pecked my cheeks before jogging towards his car and starting the engine speeding away leaving me in our front porch stunned. That is until, the light opened making me whirled around to faced both of my furious parents.

Uh-oh.

A/N: Sup people ^^

What do you think of this chapter?  

~Hime