Chapter 8

I ran and ran away. Again. Away from the kings. When I realized I've ran enough, I halted. I leaned back on a tree and panted, trying to regain my breathe.

"Damn..." I cursed under my breath when it started raining. I surveyed my surroundings, I felt relieved that I at least didn't end up in the middle of the forest again. I felt a tiny spark in me when I recognized the road, on the other street it has the same diner that I always visits and my house is just a few blocks away. The sky turned darker and the droplets of rain poured faster and harder. I slowly crossed the street, praying that no bad luck will come to me.

"Myra?" a voice asked. My heart started pumping, the voice suddenly gives me the creeps. I whirled around and came face to face with Falcon. He's close, too close that he's already envading my personal space.

"F-falcon?" I stammered taking several steps backward but his hand shot forward and grabbed my arm in his firm grasp, preventing me from running away.

"Now, now." He taunted. "Don't be like that Myra." He said in a sing-song voice. I tried to jerk away my arm from him but it's only made him hold tighter with a dark evil smirk plastered in his face.

"F-falcon, what are you doing?" I stuttered with tears pooling in my eyes. I've never felt so scared in my life. I mean, yeah, I was kinda afraid when my mom threatened to ship me back to California but it's not the same. My parents wouldn't dare to hurt me physically but Falcon...

         I don't know him that much. He's just my one subject classmate. Yes, we talked every now and then but it's a short conversation. And now he's scaring the shit out of me.

"Don't be scared My." He soothed in sickeningly sweet. I shivered involuntarily causing him to smikr widely. I slowly backed away but he noticed it and gripped my arm tightly.

"Let go of me Falcon." I shrieked hoping someone could hear me. But to my bad luck, it's raining so no one is currently outside. Falcon dragged me into a dark alley. I fought his grip but he's too strong and he overpowered me.

    It seemed that all hop was gone. Once the thought hit me that there was no way I can get out of this kind of situation , I got limped in his grasp. Tears building in my line of vision making it a bit blurry. I felt him pushed me in a wall, so strong that I can almost hear my ribs cracked. I winced but didn't shrieked or anything.

"Scream!" He shouted at my face. I was tempted to scream and asked what the hell is his problem but I didnt. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction that he's actually hurting me. Instead, I clamped my moth shut and closed my eyes tightly.

"I said scream! Beg for me to stop! Beg!" He screamed at me. Then suddenly he punched me in my stomach. Hard. I gasped in surprise and my face contorted in pain. I felt on the cold hard ground clutching my stomach.

"That's the way I liked it!" He laughed maniacally. I gazed up at him with now tears streaming down at my rosy colored cheeks.

"W-why?" I breathed heavily. His smirk disappeared as soon as the words came out of my mouth. He narrowed his eyes at me that full of loathe, anger, jealousy and something intense that I can't pinpoint.

"Why? You ask me why?!" He roared at me. I was so startled and weak that I hadn't noticed what he was doing until I can't breath. He thrust me in the wall again, his hand wrapped around my neck firmly. I tried yo claw it off me so I can catch my breath but to no avail. Murderous look was evident in his face making me look scared than before.

"Don't tell me that you don't know!" He hissed. I was so confused in what he was talking about. I would've ask him what it is but he's still gripping my neck. I can almost see black spots appearing in my vision and I can feel myself slipping away. But he ignored it, he continued talking.

"I've been trying to get your attention for years now! Ever since you stepped a foot in the campus, I was so starstruck. But you don't even spared me a glance. And the kings! You're always with them! Every time I see you with them, I like to crushed them in pieces. But when I heard that you're not friends with them, I felt ecstatic. I can finally be with you." He whispered the last part in my ear. My breath turned into pant. I tried to utter a word at him, telling him that he's almost killing me but no words came out of my mouth. As I slowly slipped away, I heard a distant yelling. Someone is calling my name. Then the weight in front of me disappeared but its useless because my consciousness went away.