Chapter 10

Hushed whispers woke me up this time. Slowly, I opened my eyes ready to see my parents but to my surprise it’s not the. It’s the kings. They still didn’t realize that I’m awake because they continued their conversation. But because I don’t want to eavesdrop, I cleared my throat startling them.

“Myra!” the four of ‘em shouted in unison. They ran towards my bed, circling me. Worry, concern and happiness are visible emotions in their faces.

“Hey, guys.” I greeted them with my hoarse voice. Mark gave me a glass of water. I clasped my hands around it and drank the liquid greedily.

“Are you ok now?” Luke asked concern laced in his voice. I sent him a small smile before nodding.

“Yeah.” I answered timidly. Then suddenly a thought a strike me.

“Why’re y’all here?” I asked curiously. They gave me their teasing smirks that can make girls knees buckled, but not me. Definitely not me.

“Your dad told us you’re giving a fit because you wanted to see us…” Theo said teasingly. I blushed ten folds but didn’t deny it, it’s true anyways.

“And here we are!” Mark exclaimed smiling goofily all the way.

“You guys…” I whispered with tears brimming in my electric blue eyes. Their smirks vanished and replaced by genuine smiles. The smile that only I and their family can see.

“Don’t cry…” Bryan muttered wiping the single tear that rolled down my cheeks.

“I’m just so happy.” I reasoned out.

“Us too.” Luke agreed. He and Mark sat on the white couch beside my bed; Theo leaned on the wall on the other side of my bed while Bryan sat next to me.

“So, what’s the verdict?” Theo asked quirking an eyebrow.

“I honestly don’t know because before the doctor explained what’s going on, the put me in a deep slumber.” I replied shrugging nonchalantly.

“What about my mom?” I blurted out bluntly. I clasped my hand over my mouth, afraid that I ruined the comfortable silence around us but they just merely shrugged at me before Bryan answered.

“Your dad convinced your mom…” He started when I gave him the are-you-kidding-me look he stopped and chuckled. “Alright, he barely convinced your mom then he dragged her away from here before he called us.”

“So, mom knew you’re here?” I clarified and all of them nod in confirmation.

“Don’t be mad at her Myra.” Luke whispered with his head shaking. I looked away from him not wanting to be lectured at the moment though I knew it was coming.

“Yeah, she just wants to keep you safe.” Mark supported.

“She wants to keep me safe by keeping me away from you? Is that the only way she can think of? Because if it is, then it’s not keeping me safe! It’s keeping me from my happiness! From my friends! From y’all!” I burst into tears. The kings panicked seeing me in hysterics and the monitors started beeping loudly again. Oh how I despise that thing. Nurses rushed into my room even though they weren’t called, maybe it’s because my room is right across the nurses’ station.

“You need to calm down.” The girl nurse told me sternly. I took a few calming breathes to make my heartbeat calm too.

“Are you going to calm down or not?” Another nurse asked me lifting an eyebrow up. Is she asking me? I want to be sarcastic and smart talk her but I bit my tongue and nod like a good girl I am.

“Good.” She mumbled before they shuffled away but of course not before giving the kings a flirtatious smile and batting their lashes which was ignored by almost all of them. Almost. Luke winked at them with his smirk plastered in his face.

“Do me a favor will you?” I asked Bryan and gesture Luke to him. Bryan sighed before smacking Luke’s head upside down.

“Ow. What was that for?” Luke asked childishly making us roll our eyes forgetting our gloomy conversation earlier.

“For being a flirt.” Theo answered before Bryan could. They glared at each other playfully making me giggle. A sudden knock on the door caught our attention; Bryan motioned for Theo to open it which he agreed unwillingly. Theo came back with dad and mom making me stiffened. What surprised me is, she’s not giving a fit because the kings are here. She’s calm. Eerily calm, causing me to get more anxious.

“Hello Mr. Celeste, Mrs. Celeste.” Bryan greeted them formally. I swear only him has manners, the others juts politely smile or gazed at my parents. I’m not even surprised.

“I know you probably wondering what the doctor said, right?” Dad asked me but I know he’s also referring to the kings. I nod at him in agreement not paying attention to my mom who’s looking anywhere but me.

“It’s just mild.” Dad assured us, mostly the kings who exhaled in relief. “Your back is slightly bruised as well as your shoulder and your head hurts because of the impact when you fell. But aside from those, you’re okay.” Dad informed me. My back bruised might be because of the times Falcon crashed me in the wall. Wait… where’s Falcon? Shakily, I glanced at Dad.

“Dad… where’s Falcon?” I asked in a very small voice. Fear was coated in it, making them all looked at me in worry.

“Don’t worry dear. He’s in jail now.” Mom calmed me. I gazed at her for a split second before moving my eyes downcast again.

“I think it’s best if we let her rest now.” Luke suggested looking at me in concern.

“Yeah.” Bryan agreed. The kings looked at me and sent me a small smile while waving and slowly they walked towards the door.

“Bye…” I whispered knowing that it’s the last time before I can see them again. Or so I thought…

“You can visit tomorrow.” Dad stated. Mom looked at him furiously but didn’t say anything. The kings and I smiled brightly before I enthusiastically waved at them. Once they were outside the room, I gave Dad the tightest hug ever.

“Thank you Dad.” I mumbled in his shoulder.

“Of course, princess.” Dad said before letting me go. I got under my covers and let the darkness eat me again, ignoring the harsh whispers from mom to dad.