Chapter 9

My body is numb. I can’t feel anything aside from my fluttering eyes that I’m hesitant to open. I can hear distant whispering and it my head ache. I want to tell them that they have to keep their mouth shut or I’ll do it for them but I can’t even utter a word without a pain.

“… they save her!” a very familiar voice exclaimed. Dad? It sounds like him but it’s rare to find him yelling. And now, I can almost see him with a very frustrated face. But why?

“I don’t care… hurt her!” another voice exclaimed. And this time it sounds more like mom. Are they fighting? Why? Is someone hurt? Well, I think it’s me and no other…

“Can’t you see it? They care for her!” Dad fought back. Though I’m reluctant to open my eyes, I did. Slowly and carefully, I flickered my eyes and I was met by a white ceiling. Everything around me was. From the ceiling, the walls, the bed that I’m currently laying at and the hospital gown that I’m wearing. Wait… hospital gown? Then it all clicked. Like a puzzle. Recent events came crashing down at me, making my head growl in pain. I hissed catching my parents attention. They looked at me wide in surprise and alarm.

“Honey, are you okay?” Mom asked going to my side. I want to snapped at her and tell her do I look like one? But I bit my tongue before I regret it and answered her by shaking my head. Dad went out and called a doctor or a nurse probably.

“It’s okay honey. You’ll be okay.” She soothed me while gently wiping the sweat off of my forehead. Not a minute later, Dad came back with a man in a doctor gown and a few nurse.

“Good day Myra. How are you feeling?” The man asked while fishing his pen and chart. He’s most likely in his midst 40. He has this curly brunette hair and big blue eyes. His face is kind and comforting as well as his vibes, so I relax and let him examine my head for a moment.

“A-actually, m-my head hurts a little.” I replied with my voice hoarse. Dad picked up a glass of water and passed it to my hand. Shakily, I accepted it gratefully and let the cold water cool down my throat.

“It’s to be expected since you hit your head hard when you fell.” The doctor assumed nodding. I took in a sharp breath before letting it out fully.

“Who saved me?” I asked in a timid voice. At the corner of my eyes, Mom tensed looking everywhere but me while Dad merely sighed exasperatedly, answering it and confirming my suspicions.

“Your four friends.” Dad hinted. I was having a hard time fighting a smile in my face and to my relief I did. I’m extremely happy because even though we’re having complications for the time being, they were still there when I needed them the most. I truly appreciate it.

“Where are they now?” I asked in a small voice. Mom looked more tensed and dad looks like he wants to get out from here as soon as possible but he answered it anyway.

“Your mom made them leave.” Dad started cautiously. My breathing sped up and it made them alarmed when the monitor beeped loudly. Mom tried soothing me but I gave her the stink eyes.

“Mom! How could you?! They saved me!” I screeched and catching her off guard. Tears were streaming down my cheeks while repeatedly whispering for the kings presence. Its just them that I want. Only them.

       Suddenly my vision got hazy and I can feel my eyes drooping. I tried fighting the drowsiness but when I felt a prick on my upper arm, I figured out that the nurses might’ve injected me. So, I let my eyelids closed and snored my way to sleep.

Theo’s POV

“I hope she’s okay.” Mark mumbled under his breath while looking down with a frown in his face. Bryan went to the kitchen and get himself a glass of water while Luke just sat on the couch and started at the wall without blinking. Meanwhile, I’m sitting on a stool tapping my fingers on the kitchen counter. The most horrifying events from earlier flashed its way to my eyes causing me to wince.

         Just a few hours ago, we went to the hospital with a bleeding Myra in our arms. I don’t doubt that all of us were pretty shaken up when we saw in a slow motion Myra fell with her head first. As if it was the key to snap us out of our frozen state, we dashed towards her in unison. Her head bump on the ground but barely and it was a relief for us. At least, she won’t be waking up and asking who she was or where she was, it’s going to cause madness for us.

“She’s gonna be okay. My’s a strong girl and we know that.” Bryan comforted us but he can’t cover the worries in his voice.

“I just really hope that Mrs. Celeste let us stay just until she woke up.” Luke muttered in an exasperated voice. We silently agreed to him but we know it’s not going to happen.

“Come on, let’s just—“ Bryan started but was cut off by his ringing phone. He gave off an annoyed look before fishing it out of his pocket. He snapped it open and cradled it near his ears.

“Hello?” He asked boredom in his voice. Bryan’s eyes lit up visibly catching our interest. What could this be?

“Yes, of course.” Bryan hummed in the phone. “We’ll be there, just give us 15 minutes.” He promised before shutting his phone, he grabbed his leather jacket and his car keys and immediately dashed outside. Luke, Mark and I exchanged confused glances before following him to his car. Wordlessly, we let ourselves in and Bryan started the engine.

“What is it?” Mark asked from the passenger seat.

“It’s Mr. Celeste.” He curtly answered. Surprised is evident in our faces but we can’t help but feel confused.

“What for?” I asked curiously.

“To see Myra.” He answered excitedly before speeding up his car faster.