Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“I’ll let you see your friends again.”

       To say I was shocked and surprised would be an understatement. I’m astounded and flabbergasted, my hands were gripping Mom’s arm. Her smile didn’t drop and she didn’t tell me it was all a joke and I would never see them. But it didn’t come… not that I want it to.

“W-what?” I stuttered idiotically. Mom softened my hands and grasped it with her own.

“I don’t want to be the mother that takes away her daughter’s happiness away. I want to be there for you at all cost. So, I’ll let you do what you want and I’ll be behind you and support you.” Mom muttered softly. Tears of joy sprung from my eyes, I launched myself at her. Hugging Mom with all my might, she giggled at my obvious happiness and hugged back.

“Thank you. Oh, thank you Mom!” I gushed with the brightest smile I could master plastered in my face. Mom held my face in between her hands and kissed my forehead affectionately.

“No Mija… thank you for forgiving me.” She mumbled. I smiled softly then our moment was interrupted by a small knock on the door. Mom looked at it confused but I had already an idea who is it. When Mom saw my smile, she nodded knowingly. She turned the knob of the door and let the kings in. They were pretty tensed at first, and I was amused by it.

“Good Morning Mrs. Celeste.” Bryan greeted Mom politely while the others merely nod at her in respect, hoping to get in her good side. Oh, if only they know. Mom smiled at me before looking at them with an intense stare that made them fidget.

“No… call me Aunt from now on.” Mom spoke up. The kings looked at her in bewildered. Probably thinking the same things; Is she bipolar or something?

“W-what?” the four of them stammered in unison much to Mom’s amusement.

“I said from now on call me Aunt, no formalities needed. If you’re Mija’s friends, then I’ll welcome you.” Mom informed them gently. It took a full minute of processing before they finally realized what Mom was really implying.

“Y-you mean?” Mark trailed off.

“Yes. I’m letting you see each other again.” Mom confirmed their thoughts. The kings’ faces broke into a huge smile making Mom laughed at their expression.

“Do you really mean that Mrs.—I mean, Aunt?” Luke asked once more. His eyes were twinkling with happiness just like the others.

“Yes.” Mom once again stated. And that’s it. The kings fist pump in the air together and they started laughing in glee. Luke engulfed Mom in his bone crushing hug, surprising her and me at the same time. Theo, Mark and Bryan also joined the two of them and soon they’re all in a group hug.

     The emotions I’m currently feeling right now is overwhelming. Happiness, ecstatic, giddiness all of the words that has the same meaning of joy will be considered. Just by thinking that from today, I have my mom back and my friends. Would life get any better? Is this God’s gift for me because I passed his trials, barely? I didn’t have enough time to muse with my thoughts because; Doctor Greene and a nurse came in with Dad in tow.

“Good Morning Myra.” Doctor Greene greeted happily. She’s the assigned doctor for me and I’m quite happy for it. When she’s not being in her doctor mode, she’s really an awesome person. We got along real great this passed two days; I wouldn’t be surprised that if she’s my age we would be best friends. But then again she’s not… Well, at least I can still consider her as one.

“Hello Dr. Greene.” I smiled back. Dad stood beside Mom, who glanced at him and smiled apologetically. And just like that, Dad’s cerulean eyes twinkled and I knew that their problem last night was long forgotten.