Give a Little To Receive a Little

"Kol!" my voice squeals out as I peek out of the front door. My corset was sweeping off the ground at every step I took, which made it swirl slightly. "Kol? Is that you?"
     A hand touches my shoulder from behind, and I spin quickly, only to be face-to-face with a smug Kol. "Looking for me, darling?"
   "Kol,'' I let out a breath. "You scared me!''
Kol chuckles at my words, but smiles afterwards. "Sorry Tatia, that wasn't my intention."
    "It's okay," I smile. For the quickest moment, I look behind me, and out the front door. Then I look back to Kol. "Wasn't that you that knocked at my door? How did you get in here..?"
     Kol blinks a few times as his eyes stare down at me. "That's a secret-" he touches his nose, "- that you'll have to figure out."
"You know that I hate secrets, Kol," I scold him, but I can't keep the softness of my voice from coming in.
  "I know you do, love," Kol sighs, then winks, "but this is a secret that even you can't know. Unless you figure it out yourself."
"Then figure it out I shall," I say confidently, and I straighten up to make myself seem more official.
   "Good girl," he chuckles again, and his hand rests on my cheek.
I bit my lip as I look up at him. "Where is Nik and Elijah? Are they at home with your mother?"
"Yes," he replied hastily, and he clears his throat once. "Which means that I have you all to yourself."

My eyes slowly open, and the first thing that I come across is a bright light. My neck aches and my eyes are sensitive, like they've been shut for far too long. Then, like a click of fingers, everything comes back to me. Kol. He was never on my side. All the times we spent together was just a trap. And just like always, I was a fool to ever trust him. Or love him.

"You're awake," says a voice from beside me. I turn my head to see the Bennett witch, Bonnie, kneeling beside me. I make an attempt to get up, to snap her neck, but she just rolls her eyes. "There's no point in trying to kill me; you've been injected with vervain, so you are weaker than ever. And don't try to run. Kol-" she points over to Kol who stands quietly at the door, "will get you before you can escape."

I let out an irrigated sigh as I look back to Bonnie. "Why are you working with him?" I ask angrily. "You hate him and he hates you. What kind of deal are you playing with?"

   "There was no deal," she shrugs and stands up to look over me. "He wants you gone just as much as I do."

    That makes me feel a little sick. No not sick as much, just heartbroken. I feel a little heartbroken, to be honest. "Why? What have I ever done to you?" I ask Kol, my voice full of anger and, though I tried to hide it, there was a little bit of sadness in it.

    "Shut up, darling," he says slowly, his eyes locked to mine. His is filled with irritation and something else, mine is filled with accusation.

  I let out a scoff. "What? First you betray me and now you're a control freak?"

  Bonnie looks between us both, her lips pursed. "Both of you be quiet," she demands. Bonnie looks over to Kol, and when she speaks to him next, her tone is annoyed. "Keep an eye on her while I go get my grimore." With one last look at me, she leaves the room.

    For a while, the room was quiet. Neither Kol or I spoke. I just sat on the sofa while Kol watched me. Finally, I had enough of the silence. I had enough of saying nothing of his betrayal. "I can't believe you betrayed me."

   Kol's eyebrows furrow slightly at my words. "Can't stop you from being angry, love," is all he says.

   "Angry?" I ask in confusion. "I'm more annoyed than angry, Kol. You've wanted to kill me all this time!"

    Kol let's out a heavy sigh, "just stop talking, Tatia. You'll ruin things."

   "Ruin things? What do you mean I'll ruin things? Ruin what?!" I snap angrily.