Part 28

Chapter 28

“Are you sure this is it?” she whispered in his ear, making a shiver course through his body.

“Positive,” he answered before putting a little bit of distance between them. 

When he did, she frowned at him before grabbing his hand.  Looking down at their intertwined hands, he smiled.  Even if he attempted to pull away, he had a feeling that Celeste wouldn’t let him.  Even as the different thoughts flew though his mind, a loud shout echoed through the street.  His head snapped up, but there was no danger.  Yep, this was definitely the place. 

He tugged her down the darkened street, being cautious of any broken glass that was in their way.  She had said she wanted to see a real Fallen bar, and now, she was going to experience it for herself.  A reluctant smile formed on his face as they reached the entrance to the bar.  It looked shady, but once they reached the inside, Celeste would have the surprise of her life.

The doorman stared at Aidirian for a minute with a frown before glancing at Celeste.  Acceptance crossed the man’s face before he waved them in without a word.  As they entered, slow, seductive music curled around them.  People mingled about, but compared to a human bar, the place was silent.  It wasn’t that these people didn’t know how to have fun; it was because the majority of them were here for a purpose, some just to have a calming drink, while others wanted a companion. 

A few of them glanced their way, and Aidirian pulled his grip out of her hand to throw it over her shoulder and pull her closer.  The message was clear.  Just because they were here, and she was a fallen, it didn’t mean that she was free.  He had staked his claim in front of a group of people.  Glancing down at Celeste, he expected to see a frown on her face, but when a smile met his curious gaze, he shook his head.  The woman would never do what he thought she would.

“Come on,” he whispered into her ear.  “Let’s go get a drink.”

He led her towards the bar and was surprised when she didn’t try moving away from him once.  He slipped onto a stole, making him drop his arm from her shoulder.  Slipping in beside him, she knocked on the bar.  The bartender walked towards her, his eyes more curious than anything did.  “What’s your poison?”

She smiled at the man, and Aidirian could see him relax.  “Whatever tastes good.”  She frowned.  “To be honest, this is my first time in a real bar.  I have no idea what drink names are called.”

The bartender laughed.  Leaning his forearms on the side of the bar, he leaned towards her.  “Tell me, do you like pineapple juice?”

“Hmm,” she said, while licking her lips.  “I love pineapple juice.”

The man’s eyes followed Celeste’s tongue as it slipped back into her mouth.  “Sex on the Beach.”  He cleared his throat.  “Then you’ll love a Sex on the Beach.”

“Sounds perfect,” Celeste purred as the bartender just shook his head and walked away to make her drink.  Turning towards Aidirian, she smiled at him.  The smile quickly dropped.  “Are you mad?”

He wasn’t mad.  That wasn’t it.  He felt more frustrated than anything did; he was frustrated that he couldn’t lean over the bar and punch the man in the face.  He was frustrated that he knew every male in this place was staring at Celeste and ignoring his presence because he wasn’t a Fallen like they were.  Instead of telling her exactly what he felt, he pushed his emotions back.  They hadn’t come here for him.  They had come here for Celeste.  He wanted her to have a little bit of fun before everything blew up.  He wanted her to experience something normal.