Part 33

Chapter 33

Celeste stopped as soon as she entered the room.  A feeling of unease ran down her spine.  She didn’t like this, didn’t like it one bit.  She had Mike’s word, and despite what everyone thought of the Nephilim, she knew that they took their word seriously.  As long as Celeste and her people were in this theater, they would cause them no harm.  As soon as they left, the Nephilim would kill them if they wished.

“Come further,” a feminine voice called out.

A small slither of shock flew through Celeste.  She had never thought that their leader would be a woman.  “I’m surprised,” Celeste called out as she took a step further into the darkened room.  “I expected you to be male.”

“How do you know that I am not?” a male voice asked.

Celeste froze once more, her eyes narrowing in thought.  “I did not come here to play games with you.”

“We do not wish to play games,” the voices said simultaneously. 

“Tell me,” the man said, “would you feel more comfortable if she was the one who you spoke too?”

“No,” the woman said with a chuckle.  “I believe she would feel more comfortable with you.  Have you not seen her entourage?  It is made up of men.  It seems as if this particular angel did not get the memo.  Female angels only associate with males of their race.  Now the male angels…” The woman trailed off with a seductive laugh. 

Letting her body relax, Celeste scanned the area around her.  If she let a little bit of her power shine through, this whole room would be full of light.  Did she really want to show them what she had this early in the game, or did she want to continue to play?  Taking a deep breath, Celeste leaned forward and blew the air from her mouth.  Everywhere her breath hit darkness left.  It was just enough to lighten the area around her, but unless she wanted to show just how powerful she could be, that would have to suffice for now.

“Hmm,” the woman said with a sigh.  “I guess he wasn’t lying.”

“Told you,” the man said in a laughing tone.  He mumbled something under his breath, making the entire room brighten. 

Celeste stared into the light, waiting for it to die down to allow her to see the two that were hidden.  “I feel left out,” Celeste said with a smile.  “You have me at a large disadvantage, two against one.”

They both laughed at her.  “As if you could not kill us with a swipe of your mind,” the man said just as Celeste’s view cleared.

Celeste stared at them, confusion filling her mind.  “You’re angels.”

“Fallen,” the woman said while they raised identical, throne-like chairs.  Their wings spread, showing off pitch-black feathers.  “We fell for the cause.”

“What cause?”

The man stepped down three small stairs before walking towards her.  Stopping just a foot in front of her, he smiled.  “The Nephilim,” he whispered, his voice floating around her in a seductive manner.  “We fell because we do not believe in genocide.”