chp#12 miracle

As soon as the sun rose , I was waken up by the servants on the king's order and asked to dress quickly

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

As soon as the sun rose , I was waken up by the servants on the king's order and asked to dress quickly.

I knew the reason.

I immediately dressed up and went to the king's court. The king was waiting for me. He looked very happy, as if his wish had already come true .

We left with the leather pouch , that had the blessed objects and started to ride towards the river Sultana.
We stopped on our way and bought
chickpea soup with bread and grain paste , from one of the street stalls and sat in a garden nearby and ate.

When we finally reached the river , the king asked me for the leather pouch, which I handed it over to him at once.

The king then made his wish aloud , asking God for a child, then dug the mud around a big rock with his hands , buried the pouch and covered it back with the mud.

The riverbank was lined with pods of wild peas. The pods were black, but inside there were tiny, succulent, fresh peas. I tasted one and it was delicious.I scooped a hand through the water and drank my fill. It was thirst quenching.

I leaned back against a rock enjoying the warmth of the sun.

The king walked towards me and said ,
" don't worry , your wish and mine would come true together".

I gave him a smile. He patted my head and then we started to ride our way back to the castle.

As soon as we entered the castle gate , a maid came running towards us panting and bowed in front of us. The king asked her what was wrong and she announced birth of the prince. She said
" your highness, the queen who was ill for the last few months gave birth to our prince".

The king jumped down from his horse smiling and thanking God again and again. Tears started to roll down his face with happiness. He threw a pouch of gold coins towards the maid , who quickly caught it before it fell .

Everyone was very happy to hear the good news , it was a miracle.
I walked to the Queen's room with the king. I greeted the queen and congratulated her .

A tingle surged throughout my whole body. It was a rush of excitement. If the king's wish came true then mine would too.

When my eyes hit his angelic little body, they froze and I couldn't think or acknowledge anything else around me. While he slept I stared at this precious little angel. My hands quivered as I slowly reached down to touch his little fingers and feel the softness of his skin. I ran the tips of my fingers very gently across his smooth face.

I then left the room , leaving the king and queen with their child.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.