chp#19 Finding Kalmin

"We have freed Zinnia now how do we find Kalmin ?" I asked aloud pacing back and forth

"We have freed Zinnia now how do we find Kalmin ?" I asked aloud pacing back and forth . Zinnia and my prince both had their eyes on me.

" I think I can find him.." said Zinnia uncertainly.

" Where?" I asked keenly.

"Kalmin used to talk about a place when we used to meet.. it was his favorite place , he was going to take me there but we got captured before that.. I think he might be there" said Zinnia biting her lower lip.

" So how do we find this place now ? Can you describe it a little if you remember?" asked my prince looking at Zinnia.

" It is heaven , the magic waterfall, the butterfly garden , the tall trees ahhh .. this is how he used to describe it." Said Zinnia with a sigh.

" Yess I do know that place.. used to go there when I was a kid , indeed that place is heaven.. let's start walking it's a long journey" said my prince as he got up from under the tree and stretched out his arms.

" No need to walk my friends .. just hold my hand and we'll fly there " said Zinnia with a wink.

A smile formed on my face as I held her right hand and looked at my prince who gave me a smile as he held her left hand. It was always my dream to fly in the sky like a bird.

"Glitter, twinkle, sparkle bright..
Fairies slip through beams of light ..
If you believe they will take flight..
You'll find them hiding in plain sight"

Zinnia was singing. Her voice so beautiful. It was a fairy song. I remembered reading it in one of my story books.

Her wings twitched and as they flickered, I  found myself rising and whirling through the air. The world looked so different from above , it seemed like I  was seeing it now for the first time. The river glittered below ,we flew higher above the tall trees reaching for the moon.

" This is amazing! " I shouted with a laugh.

" Indeed it is !" Shouted Zinnia back .

Hours passed as we danced through the air with glee.

" We are here! Land near that tree ! " Shouted my prince , pointing to a tall tree.

Zinnia nodded and we slowly started to go down and landed beside a tall tree. The sun was shining bright.

I looked around with amazement and so did Zinnia and my prince. This place was indeed heaven. I was wonder struck to see the ravishing beauty of this place. The moment you see this place you get mesmerized. When we climbed down to the river side we stood  directly under the falling water which overwhelmed us in the shape of cloud, water was constantly falling on us. I wanted to stand under this magical waterfall forever. The water was cool and refreshing.

The garden was full of luscious flowers, shady trees and colourful butterflies beating their wings up and down, some alighted upon a flower. They were flowers of the air.

We walked in the garden looking for Kalmin

We walked in the garden looking for Kalmin. Zinnia started to shout out his name .

" Kalmin!"

Me and my prince started​ to call out his name too. We kept on walking in search of Kalmin. There was no one around who we could ask for help.

Suddenly, I spotted a cottage. When we went near the cottage , an old djinn was sitting outside on the grass . He had winter white hair. His eyes were bloodflecked and he wore shabby clothes. He had grey skin and ears like a rabbit.

My prince walked towards him and me and Zinnia walked behind him

My prince walked towards him and me and Zinnia walked behind him. When the old djinn spotted us , he got up and started to wave at us. I took a sigh of relief. He was not dangerous as I thought he would be.

" Hello there! What are you younglings looking for ?" Asked the djinn in a weak and fragile voice.

" A djinn named Kalmin , he is tall , red hair and pointy ears" , Said Zinnia.

" Hahah ! That fine young djinn has been captured by the mermaid queen. I don't think you can get him now , she is in love with him , lucky djinn , the mermaid queen is very beautiful." Said the old djinn wiping away a tear that came rolling down as he laughed at our misfortune.

I tried to calm Zinnia down , but she kept on crying.

" Where will we find the queen of mermaids?" Asked my prince tilting his head to the right.

" The magical falls of course ! Go to the falls say the magic words and you'll be taken to her kingdom." Said the old man and started to walk back towards his cottage.