chp#16 Zinnia

Someone kept a hand on my shoulder

Someone kept a hand on my shoulder. I looked around and saw him looking at me , smiling. Without smiling back , I turned around and put my head on my knees , wrapping my arms around myself. I couldn't hold back my tears any longer so I started crying.

I had decided to stay in his world with him , but I really missed my parents, even though I loved him and wanted to stay with him forever but the thought of not being able to meet my parents was unbearable

"It is painful to see you like this, my love ",
he said in a sad voice.

All he could do was embrace me and let the torrent of my tears to soak through his shirt. I clenched my fists, not knowing whether to be mad or to give up hope all together. I was silently screaming, suffocating with each breath. He ran his fingers through my hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within my mind.

We were sitting near the same lake where the fairies used to come to bath and play.

Then suddenly he grabbed me by the shoulders, pushing me away from him , so I was facing him directly. I was puzzled , but before I could ask him anything he said ,
" I know how you can meet your parents, this is going to be risky but it's worth a try."

A smile formed on my face and I wiped my tears with my hands.
He then got up and reached down his hand for me . I held his hand and got up on my feet.

As we walked away from the lake he said ,
" long ago, a djinn named Kalmin, meaning powerful and indeed he was the most powerful djinn ,saw eight fairies bathing and playing in the lake , he fell in love with one of them, her name was Zinnia. All these Fairies were the slaves of the djinn named Feroz. So Kalmin kidnapped Zinnia and hid her in his house. When Feroz found this out he went to the king, my father and told him about what had happened. The guards were at once ordered to catch Kalmin. Kalmin and Zinnia were brought to the palace ,Zinnia had also fallen in love with Kalmin. But this was unacceptable for the king and he had Zinnia locked up while Kalmin used his powers to escape."

I was listening to the story very attentively, it was similar to my love story

I was listening to the story very attentively, it was similar to my love story. I felt bad for them.
When he took a pause, I asked
" what's the plan?".
He then replied,
" we will help Zinnia escape and take him to Kalmin , if we do that Kalmin can use his powers to help you meet your family. "