The Storms of Life... Why We Face Them and What to Do

by: Adaora E.

God didn't promise us that we will not experience turbulence in life neither did He say that the enemy will not attack.

But His promise to us as His children is that when the enemy comes like a flood, He will raise up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19)

He also assured us in Deuteronomy 28:7 that when the enemy comes in one way, he shall flee in seven ways.

Now the question is, will there be storms in my life? Absolutely! Storms will definitely arise. It is inevitable and unavoidable. At every phase of one's life, there will always be challenges and hurdles you must cross to get to the point God is taking you to.

A lot of us fail to understand that every stormy season is a preparation ground to brace us up for what lies ahead. We are too caught up in our fears and worries that we fail to grasp the message that God is trying to convey during this "turmoilcious" season. We seize to utilize this opportunity to get the lesson which will in turn, become a blessing for us.

"For every new level, there is a new devil awaiting".

These were exactly the words of my friend when I was detailing my challenges to her. After she said this, I began to realize that the higher we grow in our spiritual and physical lives, there are new challenges to be faced and constant battles to be fought.

So it's not a time to hang up your boots and think you have eventually arrived. You constantly have to be abreast and never be ignorant of the devices of the evil one. He is never tired of executing evil so don't get tired of being steadfast in God's word.

The road to success is always crooked and rough. There is no short-cut. When storms arise, know it's for a good cause. Know that something very spontaneous is about to happen that the world would see and marvel.

All you need to do is to be still and obey the voice of God during this period. To weather the storms, you indeed have to get to the teeth of that storm to find the stillness that will enable you ride it out.

To get to your destiny or divine calling, there will be turbulence along the way. People may not take you seriously. Your opinion may not matter to some folks. Doors will be slammed in your face, there will be rejection and believe me, you will begin to feel undervalued. There will be so much discouragement that you might get to the verge of giving up.

But you know what? NEVER YOU GIVE UP!

The truth is that no one will understand the purpose of your destiny more than yourself and the one who called you to it. The stormy season is never a time to lose hope or fret. It's not a time to make negative declarations upon your life. It is not a time to accept defeat.

However, take it as a sign that you are venturing into something great because only great aspirations face oppositions. Great men once fell but what kept them going was the ability to rise up and try again. Failure is not defeat!

Praise God during the storms. Until God opens a door, praise Him in the hallway.

Praises opens the gates of heaven and causes God to pour out His blessings upon us. Remember to be still, be calm and be obedient to the leading of His voice. He has a peculiar message for you during your stormy season.

But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. ( Romans 8:37 )