3 Things to Remember When Waiting For an Answered Prayer

by: Amae Guerrero

Prayer is our fastest connection to God. It is our way to ask Him for help when certain situations somehow become unbearable and beyond our control. He hears us through our prayer which eases us from some of the tension and stress in our lives. But what if our prayers are not yet answered? What should be our response then?

Here are three things to remember when you are waiting for an answered prayer:

1. Be patient

Delay doesn't entirely mean denial; Sometimes it's just God's way of building our character. He wants us to cling to His promises and believe in Him.

Let's take a look at Habakkuk 2:3... "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay."

You have to stretch your patience for it certainly takes time. But no matter how long it takes, you must claim the victory because God is always on time with His promises.

2. Keep the Faith

Would you still keep the faith if reality and facts are against you? Despite the odds, you have to keep the faith. Like how Abraham kept his faith. Even though his wife Sarah was of old age and thought it would be impossible to bear a child, He believed God.

Romans 4:20-21 says... "Yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform."

God has the power to do what He has promised. You just have to keep your faith through the process, believing that nothing is too hard and impossible for the Lord.

3. Trust God

"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."– Isaiah 12:2

Satan will try to fool you and tell you that what you have been praying for will never happen. He is on a mission to make you a quitter, but God didn't design you to be a quitter.

He designed you to triumph above all of life's curveballs. You just need to retain your trust in God and remind yourself that everything works according to His wonderful plan.

There was a time in my life when I prayed for something that took a long time to get answered. The process was challenging and a test of my faith. But I just kept on praying and kept my huge confidence in God. Sometimes I was left disheartened and nervous because another day had passed and there was still no answered prayer from God.

Despite that, I kept on rallying my petition to God through prayer. And finally, at the right time, I received a phone call and there was my answered prayer! The feeling was amazing and wonderful.

Good things come to those who really wait and trust God. I greatly enjoyed the process and I can honestly say that I appreciated it more because of the process, the waiting, and .

Are there unanswered prayers that have you doubting God? Don't get discouraged, but instead let your faith be the fuel that keeps you going. Just be patient and trust God. If it is His will, it will certainly be given to you.